- Conditional cash assistance to build resilience against water scarcity in the West Bank29/06/2015
- Rural women’s groups in peacebuilding activities25/06/2015
- Two months before the end of the 2014/15 anti-locust campaign in Madagascar, objective almost reached (in FRENCH)24/06/2015
- Ebola Outbreak: Guinea smallholders confident in the future (in FRENCH)23/06/2015
- West and Central Africa discussed coordination and synergies to contain Avian Influenza22/06/2015
Connect with us
Elas rehabilitation in Ethiopia
In Ethiopia, the Borans has got specially prepared hand dug wells called Elas where livestock move into the well with a trench (cattle path) to water troughs half way deep in the wells.
However, the system needs improvement measures including enlargement of the trench, reduce slope of cattle path, widening cattle trough area and reducing seepage losses from collection chamber and cattle trough in most of elas it reach up to 40%. The flowing picture depicts such improvement measures.
Map of Elas in the Borans region
Number of animals using each Elas