- Seed distributions to support Haitians farmers for the winter planting season06/12/2016
- Humanitarian Response Plan: food is the number one need05/12/2016
- Empowering women through strengthened livelihoods02/12/2016
- Southern Africa: Strengthening capacity of livestock interventions in crises29/11/2016
- Ethiopia’s historic seed campaign - INFOGRAPHIC28/11/2016
Connect with us
Regional Cassava Initiative closing workshop
Upholding cassava's potential in Africa: 10 - 12 September 2013
During the course of the last decade, cassava production in East and Central Africa has been hampered by Cassava Mosaic Disease (CMD) and Cassava Brown Streak Disease (CBSD). With funding provided by the European Union, a four-year project was rolled out to safeguard cassava production in Burundi, Central Africa Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Gabon, Rwanda, and Uganda.
The purpose of the closing workshop is to evaluate progress made and to share lessons learnt and results achieved from the project over the last four years. Participants will also scope the ways forward for future actions with regard - but not limited - to CBSD prevention and management, cassava value chain addition and harmonization of plant movement regulatory systems in the East and Central Africa region.
Read more about Cassava: A priority for action.
Also check out photos of the Regional Cassava Initiative.
For more information contact: Maanzoni Lodge email@example.com