- Cuenca del Lago Chad: hambre, pobreza y ausencia de desarrollo rural en la raíz de la crisis11/04/2017
- El Director General de la FAO se reúne con el Primer Ministro del Chad, Albert Pahimi Padacke07/04/2017
- El Director General de la FAO pide un aumento inmediato la ayuda en su visita al noroeste de Nigeria07/04/2017
- El Príncipe de Gales elogia los esfuerzos frente al hambre en su visita a la FAO05/04/2017
- La agricultura en Siria debe reactivarse ahora a pesar de la destrucción03/04/2017
Regional workshop on Integrating Nutrition and Food Security Programming - Sahel
The Regional training workshop on “Integrating Nutrition and Food Security programming for emergency response and resilience building” aims to build capacities of humanitarian actors on how to better integrate nutrition in food security programming through the different phases of the project cycle (e.g. situation analysis, design, implementation and monitoring/evaluation). This event is an opportunity to share and learn from regional experiences on successful (and unsuccessful) practices in integrating nutrition for a diversity of food security interventions (from food production/cash & voucher programmes/markets, etc.).
The Training of Trainers (ToT) intends to develop a pool of national and regional facilitators able to support humanitarian actors and the clusters/thematic groups in integrating nutrition and food security programming in order to maximise nutritional impacts and strengthen resilience in West Africa.
We are looking forward to welcome the nutrition and food security professionals working in emergency response and building resilience programmes in the region and in the following countries: Burkina Faso, Chad, Mali and Niger. The professionals working in related areas such as water, sanitation and monitoring and evaluation are also encouraged to participate.
For more details on the objectives of the Workshop and training of trainers, please download the Concept Note.
The provisional Workshop agenda can be downloaded here.
The number of participants is limited.