Últimos proyectos destacados
- FAO Resilience Programme in Somalia30/05/2016
- FAO technical support to the COMESA-EAC-SADC Programme on Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation in the Eastern and Southern Africa Region18/05/2016
- Emergency livelihood support to crisis-affected populations in South Sudan13/05/2016
- Assistance d’urgence en santé animale aux petits éleveurs touchés par les inondations en Serbie13/05/2016
To build capacity of the public sector in Southern Sudan
To build capacity of the public sector in Southern Sudan to fulfil its demand role in livestock and fisheries
Upper Nile, Unity, Jonglei, Eastern and Central Equatoria states
To build capacity of the public sector in Southern Sudan to fulfil its mandated role in livestock and fisheries and to promote continuity in provision of key services in the livestock sector in five selected states of Southern Sudan.
Ministry of Animal Resources and Fisheries (MARF).
MARF staff; herders and fishers in Southern Sudan.
- Conducted over 580 000 vaccinations against a target of 800 000, together with some 320 000 treatments against a target of 400 000.
- Designed disease surveillance and reporting formats to assist the Southern Sudan states to improve management of animal health information.
- Received and distributed over 5 000 chicks to more than five farms in Central Equitoria State.
- Provided training to over 200 MARF staff and management.
- Supported the following animal health components: delivery of the field diagnostic and treatment services to animals in Southern Sudan; rehabilitation of facilities that provide laboratory backup diagnostic services; establishing structures that are capable of delivering animal health services; and training grassroots Southern Sudanese personnel to deliver basic services.
- Strengthened links between the Government at central, state and county levels, and both non-governmental organizations and private sector service providers.