Últimos proyectos destacados
- Vaccine Efficacy for the Control of Avian Influenza in Egypt
- Construcción de embarcaciones para la rehabilitación del sector pesquero artesanal en Perú – fase II
- Aide d'urgence à la restauration des moyens d’existence des familles rurales vulnérables victimes des inondations en République démocratique populaire lao
- Urgent assistance to improve the food security situation of households affected by the 2011 food crisis in the Niger
Emergency support to reintegration of returnees, IDPs and host communities in Sudan
Emergency support to reintegration of returnees, IDPs and host communities in South Kordofan region
To provide emergency support and reintegration of internally displaced persons (IDPs), refugees, returnees and vulnerable resident communities in South Kordofan State with the expected impact of improving household food security among project beneficiaries.
South Kordofan State Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources; State Ministry for Livestock and Animal Resources; World Food Programme; United Nations Children’s Fund; United Nations Development Programme; and Integrated Community-based Recovery and Development.
The projected assisted 50 785 households composed of returnees, IDPs and vulnerable host communities.
The project provided 22 000 households with crop seeds; 7 200 households with vegetable seeds; 19 775 households with livestock health services; 1 660 households with training in various topics (including vegetable production, animal traction and modern agricultural practices); and 162 households with goats.
- The agriculture component of the project assisted beneficiaries to become less dependent on food aid, work toward self-sufficiency in their own food production and generate income from the sale of surplus grains and vegetables. As a result of the assistance provided, households were able to generate about 53.3 percent of their own annual food needs.
- The livestock component provided basic animal health services and training that reduced or quelled disease outbreaks and helped to ensure vulnerable households’ food security and sources of income.
- Training for animal traction, vegetable production, livestock herders, blacksmiths, community-based plant protection workers and training of women-headed households in agro-food processing helped beneficiaries to generate additional income, increasing food security and self-sufficiency.