Últimos proyectos destacados
- Appui au renforcement des bases de la sécurité alimentaire à travers le renforcement de la filière semencière au niveau des communautés rurales affectées par les chocs climatiques au Burkina Faso
- Agriculture Revitalization Project – Phase II
- Emergency protection of Palestinian-owned assets and contribution to building resilient livelihoods
- Improving livelihood of affected people in CAR through the support to the production of vegetables and staple food crops and promoting better access to the markets
Safeguarding the livelihood assets and restoring food security in Sudan
Safeguarding the livelihood assets and restoring food security of internally displaced persons, returnees, host communities, agropastoralist and pastoralist households in Greater Darfur, North Sudan
To support food security and protect the livelihood assets of vulnerable households in Darfur in the post-referendum period.
Federal and State Ministries of Agriculture and Animal Resources, local and international NGOs.
123 879 conflict- and drought-affected IDP, returnee, refugee, pastoral and vulnerable resident community households.
- 640 496 animals belonging to 58 729 households vaccinated and treated – 462 308 animals vaccinated against common livestock diseases (including haemorrhagic septicaemia, PPR, and blackquarter) and 178 188 animals treated for parasites, etc.
- 129 community animal health workers trained and provided with equipment.
- 735 tonnes of cereal (millet, sorghum) and legume (sesame, groundnut) seeds, and almost 1.8 tonnes of vegetable seeds provided to 65 021 households.
- 6 600 hoes and 600 donkey ploughs distributed.
- Training of Trainers sessions on improved crop and vegetable production organized for 165 farmers and extension workers.
- Training and extension messages on good cultivation practices and crop husbandry provided to over 3 400 farmers at seed and tool distribution sites.
- Improved food and livelihoods security of beneficiaries by protecting vital livestock assets.
- Reduced livestock morbidity and mortality among targeted herds.
- Increased milk and meat production providing households with valuable source of nutrition and cash from sale of surplus animal products.
- Almost 21 000 tonnes of cereals and legumes, and 507 tonnes of vegetables, with a market value of USD 7.9 million produced.