Últimos proyectos destacados
- Vaccine Efficacy for the Control of Avian Influenza in Egypt
- Construcción de embarcaciones para la rehabilitación del sector pesquero artesanal en Perú – fase II
- Aide d'urgence à la restauration des moyens d’existence des familles rurales vulnérables victimes des inondations en République démocratique populaire lao
- Urgent assistance to improve the food security situation of households affected by the 2011 food crisis in the Niger
Support to crop production, livestock keeping and income generation for displaced families in Yemen
Support to crop production, livestock keeping and income generation for displaced families and their host communities in Hajjah Governorate to sustain food security and for facilitating the return process
To support crop production, livestock keeping and income generation for displaced families and their host communities in Hajjah Governorate in order to sustain food security and facilitate the return process.
Ministry of Agriculture and Irrigation
The project covered the four targeted districts (Abs, Haradh, Mastaba and Bekil Almir) in Hajjah Governorate. Together with the IDPs fleeing from armed conflict areas in Sa’daa Governorate, the local farmers hosting the IDPs were also supported by project services.
- Provided agricultural inputs (seeds, fertilizers and agrochemicals) to 458 beneficiaries (95 IDPs and 363 host farmers), including 14 women-headed households.
- Distributed beehives and beekeeping supplies to 550 beneficiaries, including both IDPs and host families.
- Distributed animal feed for 50 852 sheep, goats and cows to 2 239 beneficiaries (1 684 IDPs and 555 hosts), including 313 women-headed households.
- Examined 55 928 animals, 26 496 of which received medical treatment.
- Based on the quantities of seed distributed, approximately 1 473 hectares will be planted with an expected total revenue of 450.2 million Yemeni Rial (USD 2.1 million).
- Modern beehives will increase the total production of honey in the four targeted districts by 416.7 percent.
- The training provided to 737 female-headed households in apiculture, crop farming and livestock keeping will contribute to more income-generating activities and increased production.