Últimos proyectos destacados
- Emergency support to protect agriculture-based livelihoods of vulnerable households in Burkina Faso
- Activités de production alimentaire domestique d'urgence dans les zones urbaines vulnérables et marginalisées dans la bande de Gaza
- Fortalecimiento de la capacidad de recuperación de las poblaciones desplazadas y receptoras de la región de Mopti en Malí
- Projet de relèvement et de relance économique dans la province du Maniema. Projet conjoint PNUD/FAO pour la Stratégie ISSSS, en appui au STAREC
Support to crop production, livestock keeping and income generation for displaced families in Yemen
Support to crop production, livestock keeping and income generation for displaced families and their host communities in Hajjah Governorate to sustain food security and for facilitating the return process
To support crop production, livestock keeping and income generation for displaced families and their host communities in Hajjah Governorate in order to sustain food security and facilitate the return process.
Ministry of Agriculture and Irrigation
The project covered the four targeted districts (Abs, Haradh, Mastaba and Bekil Almir) in Hajjah Governorate. Together with the IDPs fleeing from armed conflict areas in Sa’daa Governorate, the local farmers hosting the IDPs were also supported by project services.
- Provided agricultural inputs (seeds, fertilizers and agrochemicals) to 458 beneficiaries (95 IDPs and 363 host farmers), including 14 women-headed households.
- Distributed beehives and beekeeping supplies to 550 beneficiaries, including both IDPs and host families.
- Distributed animal feed for 50 852 sheep, goats and cows to 2 239 beneficiaries (1 684 IDPs and 555 hosts), including 313 women-headed households.
- Examined 55 928 animals, 26 496 of which received medical treatment.
- Based on the quantities of seed distributed, approximately 1 473 hectares will be planted with an expected total revenue of 450.2 million Yemeni Rial (USD 2.1 million).
- Modern beehives will increase the total production of honey in the four targeted districts by 416.7 percent.
- The training provided to 737 female-headed households in apiculture, crop farming and livestock keeping will contribute to more income-generating activities and increased production.