Últimos proyectos destacados
- Household recovery reinforcement and support to Emergency Response Coordination in the Niger
- Support to coordination of food security and agriculture in emergency preparedness and response in Afghanistan
- Programme de réponse rapide et de renforcement de la sécurité alimentaire pour les ménages affectés par les conflits à l’Est de la République démocratique du Congo
- Coordination of food and agricultural disaster risk reduction and management in southern Africa
Prevention of food insecurity and malnutrition in Niger
Prevention of food insecurity and malnutrition and support to the Emergency Response Coordination Unit
To strengthen coordination of emergency food security response through food security needs analysis and assessments, and promote best practices in order to meet the needs of vulnerable households through better food security situation analysis, vulnerable household targeting, response and information sharing.
National and regional Government institutions and international and local NGOs.
Decision makers in Government, donors, UN partners, NGOs, members of the Food Security Cluster and vulnerable rural households including malnourished children or children at risk of malnutrition.
- Conducted a regional household food security and economy survey to improve information on the food security situation and household needs.
- Supervised programme monitoring and evaluation to improve feedback for project impact assessments.
- Monitored rainy season agriculture and fodder production in the Niger.
- Trained field monitoring agents and farmers on seed production, vegetable gardening irrigation and good agricultural production techniques.
- Organized workshops at the regional level on seed production, post harvest management, seed distribution and legislation.
- Organized regular meetings of the subregional committees on food crises prevention and management.
- Organized field missions with food security and nutrition partners, including national and decentralized Government structures, on a regular basis.
- Issued quarterly reports about the food security situation, field activities, and other related information in the Niger.
- Improved the skill level of staff in the field through training on good agricultural practices, calculating dietary diversity scores and monitoring and evaluation of projects.
- Identified key areas for intervention with the information gathered from the vulnerability survey conducted in December 2011.
- Improved beneficiary targeting with information attained from the food security situation analysis and needs evaluation.
- Strengthened synergies and coordination between partners, as well as their capacity to respond effectively to food and nutrition crises in the Sahel.