Últimos proyectos destacados
- Resuming agriculture and income opportunities for communities affected by the CAR crisis22/11/2016
- Emergency agricultural input support to vulnerable farmers affected by the crisis in Syria22/11/2016
- Renforcement de la résilience21/11/2016
- EPT+ characterizing influenza viruses posing risks as the next global pandemic10/11/2016
Emergency livelihood assistance to support flood-affected vulnerable farmers in Pakistan
Emergency livelihood assistance to support flood-affected vulnerable farmers in Sindh Province, Pakistan
To restore agriculture livelihoods of resource poor, food-insecure vulnerable farming households affected by the floods in Badin, Mirpurkas and Thatta districts of the Sindh Province in Pakistan.
Government authorities, Ministry of Food Security and Research, Department of Agriculture, National Disaster Management Authority, Plan International and National Rural Support Programme.
A total of 245 000 vulnerable people, including 117 600 women and 36 750 children.
- Distributed sunflower packages that included 2 kg of sunflower seeds, 50 kg of urea and 50 kg of DAP fertilizers to the 35 000 beneficiary households.
- Distributed rice packages to 3 750 beneficiary families, including 25 kg of rice seed, 100 kg of urea and 50 kg of DAP fertilizers, along with 500 g vegetable seed kits (100 g of okra, 75 g of brinjal, 75 g of sponge gourd, 75 g of bitter gourd, 75 g of pumpkin, 50 g of cucumber and 50 g of carrot).
- Distributed wheat packages containing 50 kg of wheat seed, 50 kg of DAP, 50 kg of Urea and 500 g of assorted vegetable seeds to 2 150 beneficiary households.
- Trained beneficiaries on land preparation and good agricultural practices for production and processing, including better crop production and management techniques for improved cultivation and yield.
- Strengthened the production capacity of beneficiaries for wheat, sunflower, rice and vegetables through training on good agricultural practices and the provision of agriculture inputs.
- Increased the bargaining power of beneficiaries by establishing market linkages.
- Produced 489 kg of sunflower, generating revenues of PKR 24 700 per household and 1 972 kg of rice, generating revenues of PKR 12 800 per household.
- Contributed to improving the food and nutrition security of targeted households.