Últimos proyectos destacados
- Mise en place d'un stock stratégique d'intrants agricoles et de parc à bois et de lianes de patate douce en République Démocratique du Congo21/04/2015
- Scaling up of root and tuber crops diversification in 15 woredas of Amhara, Oromia, SNNPR and Tigray Regions of Ethiopia16/04/2015
- Strengthening the resilience and improving the food and nutrition security of displaced populations and host communities by restoring their agricultural production in Mali15/04/2015
- Appui à la production alimentaire d’urgence en faveur de 7 000 ménages malnutris et en insécurité alimentaire en territoire de Niangara, district de Haut Uélé (Province Orientale) 15/04/2015
Improved livelihoods for smallholder farmers in Zimbabwe
Improved livelihoods for smallholder farmers in Zimbabwe through improved crop production, productivity and post-harvest management
Guruve, Mazowe, Gokwe South and Kwekwe
To improve and sustain the food security and livelihoods of poor rural households.
Ministry of Agriculture; Practical Action; International Crop Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics; Food and Nutrition Council; and Research for Development Trust.
Direct beneficiaries of the project include 62 extension workers and 2 472 smallholder farmers.
- Trained 62 extension workers in agricultural crop management, who in turn trained 2 472 farmers.
- Promoted conservation agriculture through five awareness meetings, one demonstration plot, 500 copies of an instructional manual and the provision of 200 hand-operated and 50 animal-drawn units of equipment.
- Constructed 12 brick-walled granaries and 12 metallic silos.
- Strengthened the Agriculture and Food Security Monitoring System, which provides bimonthly presentations and monthly food security and agriculture briefs.
- Through its production of timely, accurate and in-depth information, the Integrated Food Security Phase Classification helped to increase the speed, accuracy and appropriateness of humanitarian response in the agriculture and food security sectors.
- Proper use of the conservation agriculture training and equipment provided will reduce production costs, improve labour productivity and increase agricultural land under production.
- FAO supported annual national agricultural and food security assessments which provide: i) overall information on crop areas, yields and livestock production; ii) key technical background information on agricultural production; and iii) recommendations for potential improvements.