Ãltimos proyectos destacados
- Restore and strengthen food and nutrition security and build the livelihood resilience of huseholds in the Sudan26/10/2015
- Emergency animal health support for small scale livestock holders affected by the floods in Bosnia and Herzegovina26/10/2015
- Appui Ã la production alimentaire d'urgence en faveur de 4 000 mÃ©nages en RÃ©publique dÃ©mocratique du Congo26/10/2015
- Construction of post-harvest storage facilities in northern Uganda20/10/2015
Assistance in gardening inputs to conflict- and drought-affected households in eastern Chad
Late and erratic rains affected long-rains cereal crop production in southern and eastern parts of the country.
To improve the food security status of the conflict- and drought-affected households in eastern Chad through reinforcement of their production capacities during the 2012/13 gardening season, in the regions of Sila, Ouaddaï and Wadi Fira.
National agricultural institutions including the Office Nationale du Developpement Rural, and Non-governmental Organizations.
15 000 vulnerable host and returnee households, totaling approximately 90 000 people.
- Procured 180 kg of tomato seed, 52 kg of carrot seed, 668 kg of onion seed, 179 kg of cabbage seed, 5 kg of pepper seed, 15 kg of eggplant seed, 372 kg of okra seed, 45 kg of watermelon seed, 2 kg of turnip seed and 4 600 kg of garlic seed to distribute vegetable kits to 15 000 households.
- Procured 2 972 watering cans for beneficiary households.
- Supported vegetable gardening in Chad through the distribution of 6 118 kg of vegetable seeds and 2 972 watering cans, enabling beneficiaries to produce 8 619 900 kg of vegetables.
- Conducted post-harvest assessment surveys on a sample of 10 percent of beneficiary households per village.
- Provided households with food while waiting for the rainy season, with an average production of 574.6 kg of vegetables per household.
- Increased household income through the sale of surplus production, generating approximately USD 276 per household.
- Improved household food security, diversified household diets and increased income generation through increased vegetable production.
- Provided households with income to fulfil additional needs without incurring debt.