Últimos proyectos destacados
- Mise en place d'un stock stratégique d'intrants agricoles et de parc à bois et de lianes de patate douce en République Démocratique du Congo21/04/2015
- Scaling up of root and tuber crops diversification in 15 woredas of Amhara, Oromia, SNNPR and Tigray Regions of Ethiopia16/04/2015
- Strengthening the resilience and improving the food and nutrition security of displaced populations and host communities by restoring their agricultural production in Mali15/04/2015
- Appui à la production alimentaire d’urgence en faveur de 7 000 ménages malnutris et en insécurité alimentaire en territoire de Niangara, district de Haut Uélé (Province Orientale) 15/04/2015
The implementation of Cash-For-Work activities in Timor-Leste
The implementation of Cash-For-Work activities for Spanish-Funded Conditional Cash Transfers (CCT) Pilot Project
To assist in enhancing watershed conservation through improved management of water and forestry resources in the uplands of Baucau district.
World Food Programme, Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries, and local NGOs.
The project directly benefited 553 vulnerable farming families and approximately 3 000 indirect beneficiaries.
- Rehabilitated irrigation canals in five rural communities in the sub-district of Quelicai.
- Planted 40 347 seedlings over 11.8 hectares through the project’s reforestation component.
- Provided work to 561 labourers through a cash-for-work programme.
- In addition to delivering water to the targeted communities, the irrigation project’s cash-for-work programme generated USD 60 000 for 337 beneficiaries.
- Established 11.8 hectares of reforested coverage in the sub-districts of Quelicai and Baguia, employing 224 subsistence farmers (85 women) during field operations for a total of USD 80 000.
- Some reforestation plantings were located to reinforce the edges of the irrigation systems, while others were adopted to reduce landslides and soil erosion; moreover, the cash crop trees stimulated the establishment of some agro-forestry pilot plots with the aim to increase no-timber forestry production.