Últimos proyectos destacados
- Improve food insecure households' resilience in the eastern region of Burkina Faso27/04/2016
- Appui aux réfugiés maliens dans la région de Tahoua, Niger27/04/2016
- Livelihoods resilience opportunities for conflict-affected rural communities in the Central African Republic27/04/2016
- Réponse d’urgence en appui aux populations rurales en République centrafricaine21/04/2016
Food security monitoring and emergency assistance to vulnerable farming households in Burkina Faso
Food security monitoring and emergency assistance to vulnerable farming households in urban areas in Burkina Faso
Urban area of Ouagadougou and Ouahigouya
To improve food and nutrition security of vulnerable households in Burkina Faso and ensure the availability of proper data collection and analysis systems.
The Ministry of Agriculture, HOPE 87 and the Association Aidons l’Afrique Ensemble.
1 320 direct beneficiaries.
- Distributed 103 320 kg of vegetable seeds (tomato, cabbage, onion, carrot, lettuce and eggplant), 82 500 kg of fertilizer (NPK and urea), inputs and equipment for phytosanitary treatment (sprayers, boots, overalls, masks and gloves).
- Facilitated trainings on nutrition education, good farming practices and phytosanitary treatment techniques.
- Produced more than 3 584 tonnes of vegetables.
- Reinforced the capacity of 1 320 beneficiaries to prepare quality food from their own vegetable production, with high nutritional value, and to apply good agricultural practices.
- Improved the quality and quantity of the food intake of households.