Últimos proyectos destacados
- Household recovery reinforcement and support to Emergency Response Coordination in the Niger
- Support to coordination of food security and agriculture in emergency preparedness and response in Afghanistan
- Programme de réponse rapide et de renforcement de la sécurité alimentaire pour les ménages affectés par les conflits à l’Est de la République démocratique du Congo
- Coordination of food and agricultural disaster risk reduction and management in southern Africa
Early recovery of agriculture-based livelihoods and food security in Pakistan
Early recovery of agriculture-based livelihoods and food security of vulnerable households in Sindh
To enhance household-level food security and nutrition of vulnerable farming families in severely flood-affected districts of Sindh through the provision of agriculture inputs and livestock activities.
Ministry of Food Security and Research, the Ministry of Livestock and Dairy Development and the Ministry of Environment.
32 928 flood-affected and food-insecure farming households.
- Distributed agriculture packages to 15 000 household beneficiaries, containing 25 kg of rice seed, 100 kg of urea, 45 kg of DAP and eight types of vegetable seed (75 g of okra, 50 g of pumpkin, 50 g of sponge gourd, 50 g of coriander, 10 g of brinjal, 50 g of bitter gourd, 75 g of spinach and 10 g of tomato).
- Distributed poultry packages to 8 206 female-headed households, containing 12 birds (ten females, two males) and 50 kg of poultry feed.
- Trained agriculture package recipients on land preparation for rice crops and good practices for improved cultivation and yield.
- Trained poultry package recipients on ideal poultry feeding and egg collection practices.
- Restored the agriculture production cycle through the distribution of rice seed and fertilizer in time for the 2011 Kharif season.
- Rehabilitated women’s livelihoods through re-stocking poultry.
- Improved knowledge of farmers on agricultural production and improved nutrition practices through training and community-based activities.
- Rice yields increased by 62 percent – from 2 400 to 3 900 kg per ha.
- The sale of rice generated an average income of PKR 27 900 per household, providing additional income to beneficiary households.