Últimos proyectos destacados
- Appui à 62 espaces communautaires d’éveil pour l’amélioration de la nutrition et l’autonomisation de leurs comités de soutien
- Support and diversification of livelihood opportunities in urban/peri-urban centres of Puntland
- Strengthening emergency preparedness and response for highly pathogenic avian influenza in Bangladesh
- Strengthening national capacity to respond to highly pathogenic avian influenza in Bangladesh
Strengthening the resilience of vulnerable households affected by the 2012 crisis in the Sahel
Strengthening the resilience of vulnerable households in Mali and the Niger affected by the 2012 food and nutrition crisis in the Sahel
Region of Timbuktu in Mali and Dosso, Maradi, Niamey, Tahoua and Tillabéri regions in the Niger.
To support the populations in the Timbuktu region of Mali to improve their food and nutrition security by supplying selected quality seeds and fuel for water pumps to about 8 000 vulnerable households, and to support 12 650 vulnerable households in five regions of the Niger to improve their food and nutrition security by distributing 200 tonnes of seeds to reach a production of 6 325 tonnes of cowpea.
Ministries of Agriculture, Handicap International (HI) and other local NGOs.
9 264 rice-producing households in Mali and 12 932 vulnerable households in the Niger.
- Organized a voucher fair to procure inputs locally in Mali, and provided HI with 8 347 vouchers (valued at CFA 6 250 for certified rice seed and CFA 63 332 for diesel fuel).
- Distributed a total of 115.87 tonnes of rice and over 63 300 litres of diesel fuel to riceproducing households, and trained farmers on maintaining motor-driven pumps, managing irrigated plots, weeding, harvesting and selling crops cultivated.
- Distributed 155 tonnes of cowpea seed and 39 tonnes of maize seed to vulnerable households in the Niger.
- Conducted one survey to evaluate the harvests of the regions provided with seed assistance in the Niger and an additional survey on seed systems in one district of Tillabéri region.
- Achieved a rice production of 11 271 tonnes, enabling 6 762 tonnes of rice grain.
- Rice-producing farmers sold approximately 30 percent of their produce, allowing them to generate income.
- Increased grain availability in local markets of Mali.
- Achieved a total cowpea production of 3 293 tonnes and a total maize production of 4 680 tonnes.
- Beneficiaries in the Niger used most of their harvest to stock quality seeds for upcoming agricultural seasons.