Últimos proyectos destacados
- Mise en place d'un stock stratégique d'intrants agricoles et de parc à bois et de lianes de patate douce en République Démocratique du Congo21/04/2015
- Scaling up of root and tuber crops diversification in 15 woredas of Amhara, Oromia, SNNPR and Tigray Regions of Ethiopia16/04/2015
- Strengthening the resilience and improving the food and nutrition security of displaced populations and host communities by restoring their agricultural production in Mali15/04/2015
- Appui à la production alimentaire d’urgence en faveur de 7 000 ménages malnutris et en insécurité alimentaire en territoire de Niangara, district de Haut Uélé (Province Orientale) 15/04/2015
Emergency response for the immediate needs of the flood-affected farmers and livestock owners in Sudan
Emergency response for the immediate needs of the flood-affected farmers and livestock owners in Khartoum and other Northern states (Khartoum, White Nile, North Kordofan and River Nile states)
To provide emergency support to flood-affected vulnerable households in Khartoum, White Nile, North Kordofan and River Nile states.
Federal and State Ministries of Agriculture and Animal Resources, and local and international NGOs.
8 675 households.
- 26 tonnes of crop seeds (sorghum and cowpea), 540 kg of vegetable seeds and 9 100 hand tools (hoes, sickles and rakes) provided to 7 000 households.
- 32 000 animals belonging to 1 600 households vaccinated or treated against common livestock diseases.
- 20 new CAHWs trained.
- 75 IDP households in Elfatah camp provided with 225 goats and chickens to begin restocking their livestock populations.
- 3 000 ha of land were cultivated with sorghum and cowpeas, generating an estimated production of 928 tonnes of crops with a value of USD 538 492.
- 48 ha of land were planted with vegetable seeds, resulting in an estimated production of 420 tonnes of vegetables with a value of USD 95 552.
- There was an increased availability of food for beneficiary households, as well as in local markets.
- After the livestock treatment and vaccination activities, there was an observed reduction in the number of contagious livestock diseases and animals were seen to be more healthy and productive.
- The CAHW network increased the availability of veterinary services within reach of the targeted communities in North Kordofan and provided effective reporting of disease outbreaks to veterinary authorities.