Últimos proyectos destacados
- Household recovery reinforcement and support to Emergency Response Coordination in the Niger
- Support to coordination of food security and agriculture in emergency preparedness and response in Afghanistan
- Programme de réponse rapide et de renforcement de la sécurité alimentaire pour les ménages affectés par les conflits à l’Est de la République démocratique du Congo
- Coordination of food and agricultural disaster risk reduction and management in southern Africa
Support to agriculture and food security in the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea
Support to agriculture and food security coordination activities in the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea
Hwanghae, North and South Pyongan and Pyongyang provinces, Kangwon and South Hamgyong.
To provide and maintain linkages between Government ministries, donors and partners, and to provide a focal point for coordination with other agencies and non-governmental organizations.
Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of Fishery, Ministry of Land and Environmental Protection.
Government and non-governmental partners working in the agriculture sector.
- Supported the planning, implementation and coordination of project activities in DPRK.
- Represented FAO in all UN Country Team forums, including discussions relating to the new UN Strategic Framework 2010-2015.
- Developed a background analysis paper for the new UN Strategic Framework 2010-2015.
- Monitored FAO’s project development and tracked delivery of equipment and inputs to project sites.
- The various FAO interventions supported by the coordination activities under the project resulted in greater crop yields and vaccination coverage.
- The linkages established between Government, non-governmental and international institutions working in the agriculture sector resulted in greater information sharing and a more coherent national agricultural strategy.