Últimos proyectos destacados
- Vaccine Efficacy for the Control of Avian Influenza in Egypt
- Construcción de embarcaciones para la rehabilitación del sector pesquero artesanal en Perú – fase II
- Aide d'urgence à la restauration des moyens d’existence des familles rurales vulnérables victimes des inondations en République démocratique populaire lao
- Urgent assistance to improve the food security situation of households affected by the 2011 food crisis in the Niger
Emergency assistance for the prevention and detection of priority livestock infectious diseases in Afghanistan
Emergency assistance for the prevention and detection of priority livestock infectious diseases with reproductive failure and abortion
To provide a robust estimation of the prevalence of brucellosis in comparison to other causes of small ruminant abortions and stillbirths.
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) and the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH).
770 sheep and goat owners in 18 provinces where the prevalence of the disease was detected, and 400 owners from three districts in Bamyan Province as beneficiaries of the vaccination campaign.
- Training of field veterinarians in performing necropsies of aborted or stillborn ruminants and proper sample collection, as well as appropriate biosafety handling and packing of samples for shipment to the central laboratory in Kabul.
- Training of the Central Veterinary Diagnostic and Research Laboratory (CVDRL) staff in proper diagnostic procedures to identify the bacteria involved with minimal risk of self-infections.
- Technical assistance provided to the epidemiologists in data information management from the field and laboratory.
- Procurement and distribution of diagnostic and surveillance equipment, as well as maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Improved knowledge of livestock infectious diseases and causes of abortion and stillbirths in small ruminants.
- Increased capacity of the CVDRL and Regional laboratory to perform diagnosis of brucellosis and other infectious diseases, as well as of the surveillance teams to collect and report samples.
- Technical recommendations were made to provide a foundation upon which a comprehensive national vaccination strategy can be developed.