Últimos proyectos destacados
- Post Ebola livelihood recovery through women association food and income security empowerment24/02/2017
- Jeunesse au travail: réduction de la pauvreté rurale21/02/2017
- Jubbaland and Galmadug fishermen and fleet registration15/02/2017
- Provision of time-critical livelihood-saving support in drought-affected areas of Puntland15/02/2017
Emergency agriculture and food security assistance for returnees, IDPs, host families and vulnerable families in Sri Lanka
Emergency agriculture and food security assistance in support of the returnees, IDPs, host families and other vulnerable families in northern Sri Lanka
To enhance food security and improve agriculture-based livelihoods for conflict-affected families in Northern Province.
The Department of Animal Production and Health, Department of Agriculture, Divisional Secretariats, Government Agents, and non-governmental organizations.
54 940 households (HHs).
- Distributed the following inputs to returnees and flood affected families for the Maha and Yala 2010/11 season:
o paddy seed to 19 863 HHs;
o other food crop (OFC) seeds to 35 414 HHs;
o vegetable seed kits to 12 845 HHs;
o fruit seedling packages to 15 237 HHs;
o agricultural tools to 18 050 HHs;
o poultry packages to 1 503 HHs; and
o water pumps to 165 farmer HHs at a 50 percent subsidized rate.
- The inputs provided under the project enabled the planting of 50 132 acres of paddy and 10 580 acres of OFCs during the Maha 2010/11 season. However, 75-90 percent of these crops were lost owing to floods that hit Sri Lanka in late 2010.
- The inputs provided under the project enabled the planting of 1 583 acres of paddy and 2 082 acres of OFCs during the Yala 2011 season. Yields from these crops accounted for 6 percent of paddy, 56 percent of cowpea, 68 percent of green gram and 30 percent of groundnut cultivated in the province during the Yala 2011 season.