Últimos proyectos destacados
- Mise en place d'un stock stratégique d'intrants agricoles et de parc à bois et de lianes de patate douce en République Démocratique du Congo21/04/2015
- Scaling up of root and tuber crops diversification in 15 woredas of Amhara, Oromia, SNNPR and Tigray Regions of Ethiopia16/04/2015
- Strengthening the resilience and improving the food and nutrition security of displaced populations and host communities by restoring their agricultural production in Mali15/04/2015
- Appui à la production alimentaire d’urgence en faveur de 7 000 ménages malnutris et en insécurité alimentaire en territoire de Niangara, district de Haut Uélé (Province Orientale) 15/04/2015
Support to marginalized households through promoting and strengthening livelihoods coping mechanisms in Sudan
Support to marginalized households through promoting and strengthening livelihoods coping mechanisms, including income-generating activities in Blue Nile state
To provide humanitarian assistance for the reintegration of returnees, IDPs and crisis-affected vulnerable communities in Blue Nile state; and to enhance the resilience and coping capacities of targeted populations in Blue Nile state through the restocking of small ruminants to support income-generating activities and improve household diets.
State and Federal Ministries of Agriculture and Animal Resources, and local and international NGOs.
26 106 vulnerable households under both projects.
- 51.7 tonnes of crop (maize and sorghum) seeds distributed to 12 300 households, of whom 2 100 also received 4 200 hand tools (hoes and sickles).
- 6 608 households provided with 1 784 kg of various vegetable seeds.
- 75 000 animals belonging to 5 400 households vaccinated against or treated for common livestock diseases or parasites.
- 1 055 fishing families benefited from fishing gear and/or training in net-making, boat building, fish processing and conservation, and fisheries data collection.
- 150 ex-combatants received inputs and training to set up three communal vegetable gardens.
- 90 households provided with inputs and training to start beekeeping activities.
- 168 households, mainly women-headed, received goats to restock their herds and passed on goats’ offspring to a further 300 households.
- 35 community animal health workers (CAHWs) trained and provided with veterinary supplies.
- Over 7 257 ha of land cultivated using the distributed crop and vegetable seeds, yielding 2 104 tonnes of crops and 2 451.7 tonnes of vegetables, with an estimated total market value of nearly USD 1.5 million.
- Livestock vaccination campaign reduced the number of disease outbreaks in the targeted areas and contributed to increased milk and meat production.
- Livestock curative services effectively eliminated parasitic infection among treated animals.
- 20 villages now have access to veterinary services owing to trained CAHWs.
- Sources of income expanded owing to provision of inputs and training for beekeeping and fishing.
- Initial distributed stock of 685 goats for restocking increased to over 1 500 head, increasing milk production and herd sizes in the target areas.