Últimos proyectos destacados
- Enhancing the resilience of farmers' livelihoods in the West Bank through improved water availability and management21/04/2017
- Support to agricultural recovery and improvement of food security in the Central African Republic27/03/2017
- Amélioration de la production, de la disponibilité et de l’accès à des aliments nutritifs pour les ménages touchés par la crise en milieu urbain et périurbain au Soudan du Sud13/03/2017
- Réponse d'urgence pour l'amélioration de la sécurité alimentaire et de la nutrition des ménages déplacés, retournés et communautés hôtes10/03/2017
Restoring and improving the livelihoods of vulnerable fisher households in Myanmar
Restoring and improving the livelihoods of vulnerable fisher households affected by Cyclone Nargis
To restore and improve the livelihoods of vulnerable fisher households affected by Cyclone Nargis.
Ministry of Livestock and Fisheries, the United Nations Development Programme and various national and international non-governmental organizations.
8 734 households (approximately 43 500 individuals).
- Provided subsistence fishing gear, including nets, lines and traps, to 7 929 households.
- Provided technical assistance on boat design and distributed improved 12 or 18 foot-long multi- purpose wooden boats to 200 households.
- Distributed fish-processing packages to 605 households.
- The gear distributed by the project was being used at least 160 days per year, allowing each beneficiary household to catch approximately 0.6 kg of fish per day (100 kg per year).
- The households that received boats were using them regularly and productively for both fishing and transportation purposes.
- Each household receiving fish-processing packages was able to generate an average of MMK 120 406 in extra income (approximately USD 126).