Últimos proyectos destacados
Food Security and Nutrition Analysis Unit Phase VI for Somalia
Food Security and Nutrition Analysis Unit for Somalia Phase VI
To ensure access to appropriate food, nutrition and livelihood security information for a broad range of stakeholders for improved emergency response and development planning.
EC, DFID, Italy, Sida, Switzerland, UNICEF,UNHCR, UNOCHA/CHF and USAID/OFDA.
Donors, UN agencies, international NGOs and Somali populations vulnerable to food insecurity and malnutrition.
- Produced sector-specific analyses, regional integrated food and livelihood security analyses, post-Gu and post-Deyr seasonal assessments, rapid food security and nutrition assessments and various publications.
- Conducted studies to enhance sector analysis, as well as baseline livelihoods assessments and analysis in rural and urban areas, to contribute to an understanding of the causes of chronic food and nutrition insecurity.
- Organized, developed and incorporated information into an integrated database system and made it accessible through managed information systems.
- Focused on training and capacity building, targeting Somali Government, Somali and Kenyan institutions, Somali NGOs, technical partners and FSNAU staff.
- FSNAU remained the primary source of information on food security, nutrition and livelihoods in Somalia.
- The research and studies conducted were the main reference documents used in the development of programmes, guidelines, strategies and action plans by various stakeholders in Somalia.
- The FSNAU Web site had a 15-percent increase in traffic following its revamp, while the use of modern data collection tools such as the digital pen significantly reduced time required for survey data entry.
- Overall, the trainings enhanced the quality of nutrition surveillance data and improved the ability of Government focal points to contribute to food security phase classification during workshops.