Últimos proyectos destacados
- Household recovery reinforcement and support to Emergency Response Coordination in the Niger
- Support to coordination of food security and agriculture in emergency preparedness and response in Afghanistan
- Programme de réponse rapide et de renforcement de la sécurité alimentaire pour les ménages affectés par les conflits à l’Est de la République démocratique du Congo
- Coordination of food and agricultural disaster risk reduction and management in southern Africa
Restoration of agricultural-based livelihoods for the conflict- and flood-affected areas in Pakistan
Restoration of agricultural-based livelihoods for the conflict- and flood-affected areas of northern Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province
Swat and Upper Dir districts in northern Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.
To make a significant contribution in supporting the most impoverished communities of Pakistan in restoring their food security and re-establishing their livelihoods while strengthening resilience to future shocks.
Ministry of National Food Security and Research, Ministry of Livestock and Dairy Development, On-Farm Water Management Department, local Non-governmental Organizations and District, Provincial and National Disaster Management Authorities.
7 320 vulnerable flood-affected households.
- Distributed input packages to 5 508 households: orchard rehabilitation packages (2 400 households); poultry packages (605 households); horticulture enterprise development packages (680 households); Kharif horticulture packages (384 households); post-harvest packages (375 households); and cooking utensil kits (1 064 households).
- Established 22 farmer field schools (for 462 beneficiaries), 18 women open schools (360 beneficiaries), 22 male farmer business schools (418 beneficiaries), 18 female farmer business schools (324 beneficiaries) and 15 producer marketing groups (PMGs).
- Rehabilitated eight watercourses (220 ha of structures through the lining of 24 km of irrigation channels).
- Prepared one hazard, livelihood and vulnerability assessment for each target district.
- Trained 248 beneficiaries and facilitators on diversified diets, food and nutrition security, community-based disaster risk reduction, gender mainstreaming, agribusiness management, marketing and group administration.
- Rehabilitated damaged orchards and established over 3 750 acres by replanting quality saplings of commercially viable and locally adapted species.
- Ensured access to a diversified and nutritious diet to prevent the deterioration of the nutritional status of beneficiaries.
- Created extended marketing opportunities by linking beneficiary orchard farmers (through PMGs) with large retailers.
- Integrated livelihood-oriented disaster risk management mechanisms into planning and development processes of key public and private sector agriculture-based organizations and service providers at the district and community levels.
- Augmented agricultural production, enhanced the role of beneficiary farmers in the value chain and promoted group-based marketing.