Últimos proyectos destacados
- Household recovery reinforcement and support to Emergency Response Coordination in the Niger
- Support to coordination of food security and agriculture in emergency preparedness and response in Afghanistan
- Programme de réponse rapide et de renforcement de la sécurité alimentaire pour les ménages affectés par les conflits à l’Est de la République démocratique du Congo
- Coordination of food and agricultural disaster risk reduction and management in southern Africa
Restoring and improving food and livelihoods security of the drought- and conflict-affected households in Sudan
Restoring and improving food and livelihoods security of the drought- and conflict-affected households (internally displaced persons, refugees, returnees and host communities) in Darfur
To improve the food security and self-reliance of 26 000 households in Darfur by improving agriculture and livestock production as well as natural resources management.
State Ministries of Animal Resources, State Ministries of Agriculture and local and international NGOs.
Farmers, livestock keepers, community animal health workers, agricultural extension assistants and village agricultural committee members.
- Provided 6 900 drought- and flood-affected households with assorted vegetable and legume seed, planting hoes, donkey ploughs and treadle pumps, as well as training on agricultural practices and water harvesting techniques for improved winter season vegetable production.
- Strengthened local seed systems in five villages in South Darfur State.
- Vaccinated and treated 727 302 animals belonging to 36 943 households, and provided 1 643 households with high quality supplemental concentrated feed for their core breeding stock.
- Rehabilitated five water points and 400 ha of pasture land and constructed fire lines.
- Trained community animal health workers, agricultural extension assistants, village agricultural committee members and farmers.
- Many farmers reported having cultivated more land and expecting increased yields thanks in part to the high quality seed, tools and small-scale irrigation equipment provided by the project.
- Strengthened seed systems improved the seed security of 800 war- and drought-affected farmers and ensured strategic reserves of high quality seed at village level.
- Beneficiaries of the veterinary services reported a substantial decrease in mortality and morbidity rates and a general reduction in disease outbreaks in their areas.
- Support provided in water harvesting, animal feed, pasture protection and rehabilitation helped beneficiaries protect their assets and increase productivity, thereby improving their food and livelihoods security.