Últimos proyectos destacados
- Emergency vaccination and targeted feeding of livestock grazing in areas along the Syria–Lebanon border06/07/2016
- Emergency assistance to restore agricultural-based livelihoods of vulnerable earthquake-affected smallholder farmers in the six most affected districts in Nepal24/06/2016
- Building household resilience through promoting adapted production technologies in livelihoods and natural resources management in Sudan24/06/2016
- Support to the food security and nutrition of vulnerable rural populations in the Central African Republic22/06/2016
Improving agriculture sector disaster risk management coordination in Ethiopia
Improving agriculture sector disaster risk management coordination
To improve the management of agriculture and livelihoods-related disasters through enhanced leadership, better information dissemination, improved coordination, more timely and effective response, and strengthening the capacity of ATF members to perform effectively.
Disaster Risk Management Food Security Sector (DRMFSS), and all members of the ATF.
All members of the ATF at federal and regional levels.
- Organized regular ATF meetings and discussion fora on topics including weather forecasts, food price trends and agriculture sector response to the La Niña-related drought.
- Supported the newly launched regional ATFs.
- Trained over 300 government, UN and NGO staff in disaster and climate risk management in agriculture, and GIS and remote sensing.
- Supported the development of participatory drought cycle management road maps for smallholder farming and pastoral areas.
- Provided financial and technical support to DRMFSS to conduct the annual ATF conference in which more than 100 people participated.
- Initiated training on the Livestock Emergency Guidelines and Standards for five universities.
- Stronger ATF-led agriculture sector coordination mechanisms in place at the federal and regional levels.
- Improved impact of members’ humanitarian and early recovery assistance on La Niña affected households.
- Enabled more participatory, better informed and timely decision-making to meet agriculture sector needs and gaps.
- Facilitated information sharing among ATF members on activities, early warning, and other relevant data.
- Improved early warning system for natural disasters and food security through period review of the system to ensure agriculture and livestock sector needs are captured.
- Seasonal assessments provided a detailed analysis of agriculture and livestock sector requirements.