Últimos proyectos destacados
- Regional initiative in support of vulnerable pastoralists and agropastoralists in the Horn of Africa31/03/2015
- Strengthening the FSL Cluster for food and nutrition security in South Sudan24/03/2015
- Strengthening food security coordination for livelihood response and improving food and nutrition security response in South Sudan23/03/2015
- Improving food and nutrition security through increasing access to crop production inputs, technology and services19/03/2015
Tsunami livelihood recovery project in Somalia
Tsunami livelihood recovery project
To recover and strengthen the fishing-based livelihoods of families affected by the 2004 tsunami in three communities of the Puntland region: Tohin, Hurdiya and Eyl.
Ministry of Fisheries and Marine Resources (MoFMR) and local partners.
Approximately 1 183 households benefited from the project in Tohin, Hurdiya and Eyl.
- Provided technical support for (i) the design and implementation of a small-scale fishing vessel licensing system and safety-at-sea scheme in the target areas; (ii) a review of current fisheries legislation to strengthen the regulation of fisheries associations; (iii) development of a suitable legal framework to regulate the design and implementation of public-private purchasing agreements, including audit and supervisory procedures.
- Trained representatives of fisheries associations in the organization and management of fisheries associations;
- Trained the staff of MoFMR in the organization and management of fishery extension services, fisheries data collection and analysis, small fishing vessel registration and safety at sea.
- Improved fish receiving and marketing facilities by providing design and construction support, as well as equipment, training and capacity building.
- The three fish receiving and marketing stations supported by the project contributed to increased availability of food and access to better incomes.
- Improved the supervision and financial management of fish receiving and marketing facilities.