Últimos proyectos destacados
- Regional cassava initiative in support of vulnerable smallholders in Central and Eastern Africa
- Drought Recovery and Smallholder Adaptation Programme in Djibouti and Somalia
- Emergency rehabilitation of the productive capacity of households affected by the 2012 severe weather conditions in the Gambia
- Appui d’urgence aux agriculteurs vulnérables en Haiti en réponse à la dépression tropicale Sandy
Emergency livelihood support to drought-affected communities in Mali and coordination capacity in response to the Sahel crisis
Emergency livelihood support to drought-affected communities to improve food security in Mali and coordination capacity in response to the Sahel drought crisis
To increase access to food and strengthen the resilience of vulnerable households in order to reduce the effects of the 2011–12 Sahel crisis.
The Non-governmental Organizations Welthungerhilfe and Groupe de Solidarité pour Sahel.
4 000 vulnerable households benefited from market gardening activities, and nine women’s associations and two community health centres benefited from nutrition demonstration sessions and culinary kits.
- Distributed 6 604 kg of market gardening seeds, 30 000 kg of fertilizer and small equipment, consisting of 2 000 rakes, 2 000 shovels, 670 wheelbarrows, 2 000 dabas, 2 000 hoes and 2 000 buckets.
- Trained 359 farmers – 60 percent of which were women – on market gardening techniques.
- Carried out more than 62 nutrition demonstration sessions and provided nine women’s associations and two community health centres with a total of 11 culinary demonstration kits.
- Achieved an overall production of 1 196 988 kg of market gardening produce.
- Increased household income, enabling beneficiaries to cover family expenses and undertake poultry stock farming and small ruminant production.
- Enhanced the nutritional intake of beneficiary households.
- Built beneficiary farmers’ knowledge on market gardening techniques.
- Increased the supply of fresh vegetables in local markets.
- Met beneficiary household food needs for two months during the hunger gap.