Últimos proyectos destacados
- Appui au renforcement des bases de la sécurité alimentaire à travers le renforcement de la filière semencière au niveau des communautés rurales affectées par les chocs climatiques au Burkina Faso
- Agriculture Revitalization Project – Phase II
- Emergency protection of Palestinian-owned assets and contribution to building resilient livelihoods
- Improving livelihood of affected people in CAR through the support to the production of vegetables and staple food crops and promoting better access to the markets
Provision of essential agricultural inputs for returning war-affected internally displaced persons in the north of Sri Lanka
Provision of essential agricultural inputs for returning war-affected internally displaced persons in the north
Jaffna, Kilinochchi, Mannar, Mullaitivu and Vavuniya districts of Northern Province
To improve food security and reduce the economic vulnerability of conflict-affected families in Northern Province.
Department of Agriculture in Northern Province; Department of Animal Production and Health in Northern Province; and Non-governmental Organizations.
58 158 returnee farming households
- Distributed 120 521 bushels (20.5 kg each) of paddy seed to 16 330 households, as well as 9 000 tarpaulins and 200 airtight storage containers to support paddy production.
- Distributed 207 159 kg other field crop (OFC) seeds to 14 392 households.
- Distributed vegetable seed kits to 27 893 households and fruit seedlings to 9 697 households (of which 8 316 also received coconut seedlings).
- Provided 47 524 seed/seedling recipients with agricultural tools specific to their livelihood activities and distributed 4 400 water pumps.
- Provided 6 432 households (45 percent female-headed) with poultry packages and 150 households with goats.
- Rehabilitated 285 wells used for food production and installed 40 sprinkler irrigation schemes.
- Provided technical assistance to beneficiaries on crop establishment and management, conservation agriculture farming methods, post-harvest losses, marketing and seed preservation and storage.
- Trained poultry recipients on backyard poultry keeping and goat recipients on goat rearing and management practices.
- Re-established beneficiaries’ agriculture-based livelihoods and increased household food security, nutrition and income-generating opportunities.
- Cultivated 60 109 tonnes of rice on 39 051 acres of abandoned paddy fields and 7 972 tonnes of OFC on 6 365 acres of abandoned highland.
- Established a stable water source for irrigation through the renovation of wells and the provision of water pumps and sprinkler schemes.
- Increased beneficiaries’ knowledge of improved crop production practices, backyard poultry keeping and goat rearing.