Últimos proyectos destacados
- Appui au renforcement des bases de la sécurité alimentaire à travers le renforcement de la filière semencière au niveau des communautés rurales affectées par les chocs climatiques au Burkina Faso
- Agriculture Revitalization Project – Phase II
- Emergency protection of Palestinian-owned assets and contribution to building resilient livelihoods
- Improving livelihood of affected people in CAR through the support to the production of vegetables and staple food crops and promoting better access to the markets
Improving agriculture and food security sectors response coordination, and contributing to food and nutrition security in Mauritania
Improving agriculture and food security sectors response coordination, and contributing to food and nutrition security to strengthen vulnerable populations livelihoods in southern Mauritania
To reinforce the resilience of vulnerable populations in southern Mauritania in the long term so they can better cope with threats and shocks, thereby reducing their vulnerability.
Ministry of Rural Development, National Centre for Agronomic Research and Agricultural Development, Centre de Formation des Producteurs Ruraux, the Department of Livestock and Action Against Hunger.
158 130 people (51 percent women, 30.5 percent men and 18.5 percent children under five).
- Distributed 189.1 tonnes of traditional quality seeds to 19 300 vulnerable households in seven targeted regions, reaching 119 838 people (50 833 women, 46 785 men and 22 170 children under five).
- Introduced the Ndiol sweet potato variety in 82 cooperatives, benefiting 6 382 members (96 percent women) by distributing 151 080 seeds, providing technical guidance and promoting its consumption through cooking demonstrations.
- Contributed to establishing and the functioning of a Food Security Cluster to coordinate the response of various partners, share information and make strategic decisions.
- The Livestock Emergency Guidelines and Standards training equipped participants with useful tools for planning and timely response to crises in order to protect the livelihoods of vulnerable farmers that mainly rely on livestock.
- Enabled 19 300 households to produce food to feed their families, replenish quality seed stocks and generate revenues, producing a total of 10 677 tonnes (7 percent of the total national production of cereal) and contributing to a 10.5 percent increase of the country’s seed supply.
- Promoted the Ndiol sweet potato, rich in nutrients, through its production and cooking demonstrations, allowing beneficiaries to secure food year round; 14.46 tonnes of sweet potatoes were produced.
- Contributed to reinforcing the livelihoods of vulnerable households and their resilience capacity in order to better cope with shocks.