Derniers projets saillants
- Post Ebola livelihood recovery through women association food and income security empowerment24/02/2017
- Jeunesse au travail: réduction de la pauvreté rurale21/02/2017
- Jubbaland and Galmadug fishermen and fleet registration15/02/2017
- Provision of time-critical livelihood-saving support in drought-affected areas of Puntland15/02/2017
To build capacity of the public sector in Southern Sudan
To build capacity of the public sector in Southern Sudan to fulfil its demand role in livestock and fisheries
Upper Nile, Unity, Jonglei, Eastern and Central Equatoria states
To build capacity of the public sector in Southern Sudan to fulfil its mandated role in livestock and fisheries and to promote continuity in provision of key services in the livestock sector in five selected states of Southern Sudan.
Ministry of Animal Resources and Fisheries (MARF).
MARF staff; herders and fishers in Southern Sudan.
- Conducted over 580 000 vaccinations against a target of 800 000, together with some 320 000 treatments against a target of 400 000.
- Designed disease surveillance and reporting formats to assist the Southern Sudan states to improve management of animal health information.
- Received and distributed over 5 000 chicks to more than five farms in Central Equitoria State.
- Provided training to over 200 MARF staff and management.
- Supported the following animal health components: delivery of the field diagnostic and treatment services to animals in Southern Sudan; rehabilitation of facilities that provide laboratory backup diagnostic services; establishing structures that are capable of delivering animal health services; and training grassroots Southern Sudanese personnel to deliver basic services.
- Strengthened links between the Government at central, state and county levels, and both non-governmental organizations and private sector service providers.