Derniers projets saillants
- Enhancing the resilience of farmers' livelihoods in the West Bank through improved water availability and management21/04/2017
- Support to agricultural recovery and improvement of food security in the Central African Republic27/03/2017
- Amélioration de la production, de la disponibilité et de l’accès à des aliments nutritifs pour les ménages touchés par la crise en milieu urbain et périurbain au Soudan du Sud13/03/2017
- Réponse d'urgence pour l'amélioration de la sécurité alimentaire et de la nutrition des ménages déplacés, retournés et communautés hôtes10/03/2017
Immediate assistance to the vulnerable farmers affected by hurricane Ida in Nicaragua
Immediate assistance to re-establish food production and the livelihoods of the vulnerable farmers affected by hurricane IDA in the communities of the municipality of Rosita, North Atlantic Autonomous Region (RAAN)
To restore the livelihoods of families affected by hurricanes Felix and IDA in order to ensure the production of basic grains, roots and tubers for the next planting season.
Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, Nicaraguan Institute of Agricultural Technology, and the Autonomous Public Agricultural Sector.
4 123 heads of families and 65 communities in the Rosita municipality.
- Distributed certified rice seeds (55.2 tonnes), certified bean and maize seeds (55.7 tonnes), cassava cuttings (80 000 cuttings), 350 poultry kits, metal silos and tools.
- Provided technical assistance and trained beneficiary producers and extension workers.
- Strengthened 21 seed banks.
- Produced 10 980 tonnes of food (5 615 tonnes of maize, 3 554 tonnes of rice, 1 275 tonnes of beans and 545 tonnes of roots and tubers) during 2010-2011 by cultivating 5 210 ha during the various planting seasons of 2010-2011.
- Improved the technical capacity of 4 123 households to produce basic grains and tubers, and diversified the diet of 7 270 families with the inputs received.
- Strengthened 21 seed banks with a storage capacity of 1 449 tonnes of seeds and grains, increasing the availability of planting material for the next season.