Derniers projets saillants
- Rétablissement d'urgence de la capacité d'auto prise en charge des populations d'éleveurs déplacées du Mali25/06/2015
- Emergency assistance to address the 2011/2012 severe crop failure 11/06/2015
- Soutien aux moyens d’existence des ménages affectés par la crise alimentaire et nutritionnelle de 2012 en Gambie, à travers le renforcement des capacités de production maraîchère et le soutien à l'élevage 10/06/2015
- Locust crisis in the Sahel05/06/2015
Immediate assistance to the vulnerable farmers affected by hurricane Ida in Nicaragua
Immediate assistance to re-establish food production and the livelihoods of the vulnerable farmers affected by hurricane IDA in the communities of the municipality of Rosita, North Atlantic Autonomous Region (RAAN)
To restore the livelihoods of families affected by hurricanes Felix and IDA in order to ensure the production of basic grains, roots and tubers for the next planting season.
Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, Nicaraguan Institute of Agricultural Technology, and the Autonomous Public Agricultural Sector.
4 123 heads of families and 65 communities in the Rosita municipality.
- Distributed certified rice seeds (55.2 tonnes), certified bean and maize seeds (55.7 tonnes), cassava cuttings (80 000 cuttings), 350 poultry kits, metal silos and tools.
- Provided technical assistance and trained beneficiary producers and extension workers.
- Strengthened 21 seed banks.
- Produced 10 980 tonnes of food (5 615 tonnes of maize, 3 554 tonnes of rice, 1 275 tonnes of beans and 545 tonnes of roots and tubers) during 2010-2011 by cultivating 5 210 ha during the various planting seasons of 2010-2011.
- Improved the technical capacity of 4 123 households to produce basic grains and tubers, and diversified the diet of 7 270 families with the inputs received.
- Strengthened 21 seed banks with a storage capacity of 1 449 tonnes of seeds and grains, increasing the availability of planting material for the next season.