Derniers projets saillants
- Appui à 62 espaces communautaires d’éveil pour l’amélioration de la nutrition et l’autonomisation de leurs comités de soutien
- Support and diversification of livelihood opportunities in urban/peri-urban centres of Puntland
- Strengthening emergency preparedness and response for highly pathogenic avian influenza in Bangladesh
- Strengthening national capacity to respond to highly pathogenic avian influenza in Bangladesh
Emergency support to protect agriculture-based livelihoods in the West Bank
Emergency support to protect agriculture-based livelihoods in the pastoral areas of West Bank
Bethlehem, Jericho, East Jerusalem and Tubas districts
To provide a wide range of sustainable services and inputs to small ruminant herders in the West Bank to mitigate the impact of severe conditions on their livelihoods, and to empower the farmers’ associations with access to high quality services and inputs.
Ministry of Agriculture, Oxfam Italia, Gruppo di Volontariato Civile, Associazione di Cooperazione e Solidarietà and Palestinian Livestock Development Center.
Small ruminant herders
- Provided 1 123.76 tonnes of animal fodder to targeted feed centres.
- Established a reproduction centre for small ruminants, and procured eight rams to conduct artificial insemination.
- Set up irrigation systems, constructed a grey wastewater treatment plant, and established two rainwater harvesting cisterns in the project area.
- Established a mobile veterinary clinic in East Jerusalem.
- Set up 148 home gardens.
- Trained project beneficiaries on home gardening, organic farming, integrated pest management, water management, composting production, dairy production and marketing.
- Conducted a desk review of previous assessments and formulated ten project profiles, and held a workshop to present the results of the study and project profiles to key stakeholders.
- Helped herders recover from crop losses.
- Ensured the reproduction of small ruminants continues to be monitored regularly, improving the general health and increasing productivity levels of small ruminants.
- Increased access to veterinary services and enhanced preventative monitoring of epidemic spots in the West Bank.
- Rehabilitated a total of 100 dunums of rangeland and enabled beneficiaries to re-use a significant amount of water for agricultural purposes.
- Decreased food expenses of farming families, allowing them to rely on their own vegetable production.