Derniers projets saillants
- Emergency recovery support to restart livelihoods, income generation and food self-sufficiency and to build the resilience of small-scale rice- and corn-based farming communities in Leyte province of Region VIII severely affected by Typhoon Haiyan23/07/2015
- Renforcement de la Résilience des populations vulnérables au Niger22/07/2015
- Agricultural assistance to populations affected by the floods in the prefectures of Dinguiraye, Kankan, Kindia, Siguiri and Tougué16/07/2015
- Intervention d’urgence pour protéger les moyens d’existence vitaux et la sécurité alimentaire des familles d’éleveurs pauvres touchés par la crise et la sécheresse en République arabe syrienne16/07/2015
Support to coordination of food security and livelihoods cluster activities in Sudan
Support to coordination of food security and livelihoods cluster activities in Darfur, the Sudan
To improve the identification of gaps within the Food Security and Livelihoods sector, coordinate prioritized responses and monitor their implementation.
State Ministry of Agriculture, State Ministry of Animal Resources and the World Food Programme.
The ultimate beneficiaries of the interventions under this project are the most food insecure and vulnerable households in northern Sudan.
- Provided training to Cluster partners and stakeholders in project cycle management (117 trainees) and climate change adaptation (50).
- Collaborated with SMoA and SMoAR in planning and carrying out a number of assessments, including pre- and post-harvest, ad hoc crops and livestock, food security monitoring system, and crop and food supply assessments.
- FSL cluster coordination capacity strengthened in all regions and at central level through the ongoing support of dedicated international and national personnel, the upgrading of equipment and the enhancement of analytical and managerial capacity of cluster members and stakeholders.
- Quality of and access to information on food security and livelihoods in North Sudan is improved.
- Capacity of implementing partners is enhanced to ensure local leadership and ownership of the early recovery and rehabilitation processes.
- Food security and protection of agriculture-based livelihoods is supported through advocacy and resource mobilization.