Derniers projets saillants
Economic reintegration packages for the Sudan disarmament, demobilization and reintegration programme
Economic reintegration packages for the Sudan disarmament, demobilization and reintegration programme (SDDRP) in Southern Sudan
Facilitate the economic and social reintegration of ex-combatants into civilian communities, contributing to broader security, reconciliation and recovery in South Sudan.
Ministries of Agriculture and Forestry and of Animal Resources and Fisheries, UNDP, Non-Governmental Organizations.
1 873 demobilized ex-combatants, including 1 132 women and 741 men.
- Registered, raised awareness of and equipped demobilized ex-combatants for reintegration enterprises in agriculture, including horticulture production, cereal/pulse production, small ruminants, poultry, goat rearing, fishery, beekeeping and draft animal technology.
- Carried out training of trainers workshops on agricultural and life skills for 84 FAO staff and partners.
- Organized training groups at payam and sub-payam for demobilized ex-combatants and carried out training seminars, using seven technical training modules developed for the enterprises.
- In total, 1 873 demobilized ex-combatants received 3 606 start-up kits for agricultural enterprises (an average of two per person) and backstopping support. The programme contributed to overall peace and stability in South Sudan, with many ex-combatants successfully reintegrating into communities and stabilizing their livelihoods.
- A total of 1 779 ex-combatants selected animal traction to increase their own crop production and to earn income by cultivating land for other farmers. Approximately 65 percent of the ex-combatants cultivated at least three times more land (six feddans) than farmers without ploughs.
- During the training of trainer workshops, trainees developed technical extension messages in the local dialect to enhance communication with the ex-combatants.