Derniers projets saillants
- Emergency assistance to restore agricultural-based livelihoods of vulnerable earthquake-affected smallholder farmers in the six most affected districts in Nepal24/06/2016
- Building household resilience through promoting adapted production technologies in livelihoods and natural resources management in Sudan24/06/2016
- Support to the food security and nutrition of vulnerable rural populations in the Central African Republic22/06/2016
- Seeds for peace (South Sudan)22/06/2016
Safeguarding the livelihood assets and restoring food security in Sudan
Safeguarding the livelihood assets and restoring food security of internally displaced persons, returnees, host communities, agropastoralist and pastoralist households in Transitional Areas, eastern and northern states of Sudan
To support food security and protect the livelihood assets of vulnerable households in north Sudan in the post-referendum period.
Federal and State Ministries of Agriculture and Animal Resources, local and international NGOs.
87 065 IDP, returnee, refugee, pastoral and vulnerable resident community households.
- 880 000 animals belonging to 17 600 households vaccinated against common livestock diseases (including haemorrhagic septicaemia, PPR, and blackquarter).
- 160 000 animals belonging to 6 400 households treated for parasites, etc.
- 350 tonnes of cereal (maize, millet, sorghum) and legume (cowpea, sesame) seeds, and almost 2.8 tonnes of vegetable seeds provided to 63 065 households.
- 14 000 weeding hoes distributed to farming households in South Kordofan.
- Training and extension messages on good cultivation practices and crop husbandry provided to 4 500 farmers at seed and tool distribution sites.
- Improved food and livelihoods security of beneficiaries by protecting vital livestock assets.
- Reduced livestock morbidity and mortality among targeted herds.
- Increased milk and meat production providing households with valuable source of nutrition and cash from sale of surplus animal products.
- Almost 16 000 tonnes of cereals and legumes with a market value of over USD 15 million produced.
- More than 2 800 tonnes of vegetable seeds with a market value of USD 1 million produced.