Derniers projets saillants
- Mise en place d'un stock stratégique d'intrants agricoles et de parc à bois et de lianes de patate douce en République Démocratique du Congo21/04/2015
- Scaling up of root and tuber crops diversification in 15 woredas of Amhara, Oromia, SNNPR and Tigray Regions of Ethiopia16/04/2015
- Strengthening the resilience and improving the food and nutrition security of displaced populations and host communities by restoring their agricultural production in Mali15/04/2015
- Appui à la production alimentaire d’urgence en faveur de 7 000 ménages malnutris et en insécurité alimentaire en territoire de Niangara, district de Haut Uélé (Province Orientale) 15/04/2015
Safeguarding the livelihood assets and restoring food security in Sudan
Safeguarding the livelihood assets and restoring food security of internally displaced persons, returnees, host communities, agropastoralist and pastoralist households in Transitional Areas, eastern and northern states of Sudan
To support food security and protect the livelihood assets of vulnerable households in north Sudan in the post-referendum period.
Federal and State Ministries of Agriculture and Animal Resources, local and international NGOs.
87 065 IDP, returnee, refugee, pastoral and vulnerable resident community households.
- 880 000 animals belonging to 17 600 households vaccinated against common livestock diseases (including haemorrhagic septicaemia, PPR, and blackquarter).
- 160 000 animals belonging to 6 400 households treated for parasites, etc.
- 350 tonnes of cereal (maize, millet, sorghum) and legume (cowpea, sesame) seeds, and almost 2.8 tonnes of vegetable seeds provided to 63 065 households.
- 14 000 weeding hoes distributed to farming households in South Kordofan.
- Training and extension messages on good cultivation practices and crop husbandry provided to 4 500 farmers at seed and tool distribution sites.
- Improved food and livelihoods security of beneficiaries by protecting vital livestock assets.
- Reduced livestock morbidity and mortality among targeted herds.
- Increased milk and meat production providing households with valuable source of nutrition and cash from sale of surplus animal products.
- Almost 16 000 tonnes of cereals and legumes with a market value of over USD 15 million produced.
- More than 2 800 tonnes of vegetable seeds with a market value of USD 1 million produced.