Derniers projets saillants
- Regional initiative in support of vulnerable pastoralists and agropastoralists in the Horn of Africa31/03/2015
- Strengthening the FSL Cluster for food and nutrition security in South Sudan24/03/2015
- Strengthening food security coordination for livelihood response and improving food and nutrition security response in South Sudan23/03/2015
- Improving food and nutrition security through increasing access to crop production inputs, technology and services19/03/2015
The implementation of Cash-For-Work activities in Timor-Leste
The implementation of Cash-For-Work activities for Spanish-Funded Conditional Cash Transfers (CCT) Pilot Project
To assist in enhancing watershed conservation through improved management of water and forestry resources in the uplands of Baucau district.
World Food Programme, Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries, and local NGOs.
The project directly benefited 553 vulnerable farming families and approximately 3 000 indirect beneficiaries.
- Rehabilitated irrigation canals in five rural communities in the sub-district of Quelicai.
- Planted 40 347 seedlings over 11.8 hectares through the project’s reforestation component.
- Provided work to 561 labourers through a cash-for-work programme.
- In addition to delivering water to the targeted communities, the irrigation project’s cash-for-work programme generated USD 60 000 for 337 beneficiaries.
- Established 11.8 hectares of reforested coverage in the sub-districts of Quelicai and Baguia, employing 224 subsistence farmers (85 women) during field operations for a total of USD 80 000.
- Some reforestation plantings were located to reinforce the edges of the irrigation systems, while others were adopted to reduce landslides and soil erosion; moreover, the cash crop trees stimulated the establishment of some agro-forestry pilot plots with the aim to increase no-timber forestry production.