Derniers projets saillants
- Food security and agriculture preparedness and response in emergencies
- Zimbabwe emergency drought mitigation operation for livestock 2013 – 2014
- Amélioration de la résilience des communautés rurales vulnérables face aux catastrophes naturelles en Haïti
- Support to early livelihood recovery of returnees in South Sudan
The implementation of Cash-For-Work activities in Timor-Leste
The implementation of Cash-For-Work activities for Spanish-Funded Conditional Cash Transfers (CCT) Pilot Project
To assist in enhancing watershed conservation through improved management of water and forestry resources in the uplands of Baucau district.
World Food Programme, Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries, and local NGOs.
The project directly benefited 553 vulnerable farming families and approximately 3 000 indirect beneficiaries.
- Rehabilitated irrigation canals in five rural communities in the sub-district of Quelicai.
- Planted 40 347 seedlings over 11.8 hectares through the project’s reforestation component.
- Provided work to 561 labourers through a cash-for-work programme.
- In addition to delivering water to the targeted communities, the irrigation project’s cash-for-work programme generated USD 60 000 for 337 beneficiaries.
- Established 11.8 hectares of reforested coverage in the sub-districts of Quelicai and Baguia, employing 224 subsistence farmers (85 women) during field operations for a total of USD 80 000.
- Some reforestation plantings were located to reinforce the edges of the irrigation systems, while others were adopted to reduce landslides and soil erosion; moreover, the cash crop trees stimulated the establishment of some agro-forestry pilot plots with the aim to increase no-timber forestry production.