Derniers projets saillants
- Regional initiative in support of vulnerable pastoralists and agropastoralists in the Horn of Africa31/03/2015
- Strengthening the FSL Cluster for food and nutrition security in South Sudan24/03/2015
- Strengthening food security coordination for livelihood response and improving food and nutrition security response in South Sudan23/03/2015
- Improving food and nutrition security through increasing access to crop production inputs, technology and services19/03/2015
Food system monitoring for effective crisis management in Libya
Food system monitoring for effective crisis management of food pipeline and production, institutional capacity building, advocacy and coordination
To provide immediate agriculture/food security assistance, including essential data collection, classification and analysis, and related institutional support.
Ministry of Agriculture (MoA)
Direct beneficiaries of the project included civil servants at relevant local institutions such as the Department of Agriculture. Indirect beneficiaries included the population in Libya affected by shortcomings in food supply and production.
- Organized and delivered a three-week training programme entitled “Introduction to agricultural policy formulation and analysis” on the following topics: agricultural strategies and policies; policy instruments; market efficiency and market failures; agricultural policy process; and introduction to the economics of agricultural production.
- Delivered seminars on the following topics: components of food security; application of the policy analysis matrix; and agricultural development policies in North Africa and the Near East.
- Assisted MoA in drafting a framework to expand capacity development at all technical and functional levels.
- The training course provided participants with an introduction to the basic concepts and tools for formulating and analysing agricultural policy, using the MoA Agriculture Plan as a reference.
- Guided strategic planning on topics such as regulations and legislation, public accountability, information generation, evidence-based decision making, policy formulation and analysis, public/private partnerships, strategic planning and communications, and leadership development.