Derniers projets saillants
- FAO Resilience Programme in Somalia30/05/2016
- FAO technical support to the COMESA-EAC-SADC Programme on Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation in the Eastern and Southern Africa Region18/05/2016
- Emergency livelihood support to crisis-affected populations in South Sudan13/05/2016
- Assistance d’urgence en santé animale aux petits éleveurs touchés par les inondations en Serbie13/05/2016
Food security monitoring and emergency assistance to vulnerable farming households in Burkina Faso
Food security monitoring and emergency assistance to vulnerable farming households in urban areas in Burkina Faso
Urban area of Ouagadougou and Ouahigouya
To improve food and nutrition security of vulnerable households in Burkina Faso and ensure the availability of proper data collection and analysis systems.
The Ministry of Agriculture, HOPE 87 and the Association Aidons l’Afrique Ensemble.
1 320 direct beneficiaries.
- Distributed 103 320 kg of vegetable seeds (tomato, cabbage, onion, carrot, lettuce and eggplant), 82 500 kg of fertilizer (NPK and urea), inputs and equipment for phytosanitary treatment (sprayers, boots, overalls, masks and gloves).
- Facilitated trainings on nutrition education, good farming practices and phytosanitary treatment techniques.
- Produced more than 3 584 tonnes of vegetables.
- Reinforced the capacity of 1 320 beneficiaries to prepare quality food from their own vegetable production, with high nutritional value, and to apply good agricultural practices.
- Improved the quality and quantity of the food intake of households.