Derniers projets saillants
- Enhancing the resilience of farmers' livelihoods in the West Bank through improved water availability and management21/04/2017
- Support to agricultural recovery and improvement of food security in the Central African Republic27/03/2017
- Amélioration de la production, de la disponibilité et de l’accès à des aliments nutritifs pour les ménages touchés par la crise en milieu urbain et périurbain au Soudan du Sud13/03/2017
- Réponse d'urgence pour l'amélioration de la sécurité alimentaire et de la nutrition des ménages déplacés, retournés et communautés hôtes10/03/2017
Subregional Emergency Office for Eastern and Central Africa’s coordination activities
Subregional Emergency Office for Eastern and Central Africa (REOA)’s coordination activities
To improve the preparedness of regional and country partners, together with FAO country offices, to respond to crises and emergencies in Eastern and Central Africa.
UN agencies, FAO Representations, NGOs, governments in the region.
Stakeholders involved in food security and humanitarian response at the subnational, national and regional levels in East and Central Africa – governments, regional institutions, NGOs, UN agencies.
- Support to improve situation and response analysis through the Food Security and Nutrition Working Group (FSNWG) and its subgroups, including the Regional Integrated Food Security Phase Classification Steering Committee.
- Launched the Regional Cash and Voucher Transfers Working Group together with the Cash Learning Partnership.
- Advocacy to promote accountability to drought-affected populations, including training.
- Supported the production and dissemination of food security and nutrition information for the region.
- Integration of food security and nutrition information and continued support to national IPC Technical Working Groups.
- Supported DRM training activities in South Sudan and Kenya.
- Developed, tested and used new participatory M&E tools in regional and country activities.
- Supported conservation agriculture experience sharing workshop in Kenya.
- Participated in regional workshop on crop production and protection in Addis Ababa.
- Supported participatory learning processes, such as through technical advice and assistance to junior/farmer field schools in the region.
- Significantly improved the preparedness of regional and country partners, as well as FAO country offices, to respond to crises and emergencies in the region.
- FSNWG has become the main regional interagency coordination forum for sharing information, building a consensual situation analysis and advocating for appropriate responses to food insecurity and malnutrition.
- REOA support to the roll-out and mainstreaming of quality and accountability initiatives in the region has succeeded in bringing quality and accountability to the fore in response and intervention discussions.