Derniers projets saillants
Emergency response for the immediate needs of the flood-affected farmers and livestock owners in Sudan
Emergency response for the immediate needs of the flood-affected farmers and livestock owners in Khartoum and other Northern states (Khartoum, White Nile, North Kordofan and River Nile states)
To provide emergency support to flood-affected vulnerable households in Khartoum, White Nile, North Kordofan and River Nile states.
Federal and State Ministries of Agriculture and Animal Resources, and local and international NGOs.
8 675 households.
- 26 tonnes of crop seeds (sorghum and cowpea), 540 kg of vegetable seeds and 9 100 hand tools (hoes, sickles and rakes) provided to 7 000 households.
- 32 000 animals belonging to 1 600 households vaccinated or treated against common livestock diseases.
- 20 new CAHWs trained.
- 75 IDP households in Elfatah camp provided with 225 goats and chickens to begin restocking their livestock populations.
- 3 000 ha of land were cultivated with sorghum and cowpeas, generating an estimated production of 928 tonnes of crops with a value of USD 538 492.
- 48 ha of land were planted with vegetable seeds, resulting in an estimated production of 420 tonnes of vegetables with a value of USD 95 552.
- There was an increased availability of food for beneficiary households, as well as in local markets.
- After the livestock treatment and vaccination activities, there was an observed reduction in the number of contagious livestock diseases and animals were seen to be more healthy and productive.
- The CAHW network increased the availability of veterinary services within reach of the targeted communities in North Kordofan and provided effective reporting of disease outbreaks to veterinary authorities.