Derniers projets saillants
- Mise en place d'un stock stratégique d'intrants agricoles et de parc à bois et de lianes de patate douce en République Démocratique du Congo21/04/2015
- Scaling up of root and tuber crops diversification in 15 woredas of Amhara, Oromia, SNNPR and Tigray Regions of Ethiopia16/04/2015
- Strengthening the resilience and improving the food and nutrition security of displaced populations and host communities by restoring their agricultural production in Mali15/04/2015
- Appui à la production alimentaire d’urgence en faveur de 7 000 ménages malnutris et en insécurité alimentaire en territoire de Niangara, district de Haut Uélé (Province Orientale) 15/04/2015
Support to small-scale irrigation development in Eritrea
Support to small-scale irrigation development
To improve farmers’ water management capacity and increase economic returns through irrigation farming.
Eritrea’s Ministry of Agriculture and Ministry of Local Government.
815 households (approximately 4 170 people) in three villages in Maekel and Debub Regions.
- The project supported the completion of the small-scale irrigation programme initiated under the European Union Food Facility project.
- The installation of a sprinkler irrigation system in Tseazega village (25 hectares), and drip irrigation systems in Azayihe village (51.14 hectares) and Onaforo village (31 hectares) respectively was completed.
- A one-day training on the operation and management of the drip irrigation system was given to members of the Water Users Associations, benefiting 33 and 42 people from Onaforo and Azayihe villages respectively.
- The irrigation schemes should, in the long run, enable beneficiaries in drought-prone Eritrea to produce a minimum of two crops per year during the dry season for consumption and sale, resulting in improved livelihoods.
- The increase in the production of vegetable and crops throughout the year should have a positive impact on market prices.