Derniers projets saillants
- Restore and strengthen food and nutrition security and build the livelihood resilience of huseholds in the Sudan26/10/2015
- Emergency animal health support for small scale livestock holders affected by the floods in Bosnia and Herzegovina26/10/2015
- Appui à la production alimentaire d'urgence en faveur de 4 000 ménages en République démocratique du Congo26/10/2015
- Construction of post-harvest storage facilities in northern Uganda20/10/2015
Renforcement des moyens de subsistance des ménag es vulnérables au Niger
Renforcement des moyens de subsistance des ménag es vulnérables d’agriculteurs et éleveurs affectés par la crise alimentaire de 2010
To contribute to improving the food security of households affected by the 2010 food crisis.
Ministry of Agriculture and other local stakeholders, Cellule crise alimentaire, the Early Warning System, as well as international and national NGOs.
16 500 vulnerable households.
- Provided 7 500 vaccinated goats as well as 50 kg of animal feed.
- Provided 800 kg of vegetable and 115 tonnes of potato seeds.
- Cultivated 1 138 ha of vegetable crops including 35 school gardens.
- Trained beneficiaries on agricultural production and marketing techniques and nutrition.
- Strengthened livelihoods of 16 500 families through improving food coverage and children’s diet, as well as generating additional income.
- Restored food and livestock production activities, particularly for women.
- Achieved a total production of 8 939 tonnes of vegetables, ie USD 356 per household.
- Strengthened the partnership between the Government of Niger and different stakeholders.