Derniers projets saillants
- Projet pilote de protection et de restauration durable des moyens productifs des éleveurs et maraîchers du Sila, par la structuration, l’amélioration de la santé animale et l’association agriculture-élevage25/03/2016
- Rétablissement d'urgence de la capacité d'auto-prise en charge des populations déplacées du Mali25/03/2016
- Strengthening the food security coordination and building the resilience of agropastoral communities in Chad23/03/2016
- Assistance through FAO for the control of rabies in Indonesia23/03/2016
Production and distribution of rice and bean seeds to rural families affected by seasonal floods in Madagascar
Production and distribution of rice and bean seeds to rural families affected by seasonal floods in the southeast coastal regions of Vatovavy Fitovinany and Atsimo Atsinanana
To improve the food security of the most vulnerable farming families and strengthen farmers’ resilience to soaring food prices and recurrent natural calamities (cyclones and flooding) in disaster-prone areas of Vatovavy Fitovinany and Atsimo Atsinana.
Direction Régionale de Développement Rural, Bureau de Développement l’Ekar Mananjary, Fiangonana Loterana Malagasy DIAKONIA and Inter Aide Manakara.
60 478 vulnerable farmers.
- Distributed 50 tonnes of bean seeds of the lingo blanc variety to 10 000 households.
- Distributed 3 tonnes of rice seeds, along with 21 tonnes of fertilizer, allowing 478 farmers to facilitate seed multiplication activities.
- Assisted project beneficiaries in treating, packaging and storing rice seeds produced through the project.
- Carried out training sessions on field preparation, sowing, transplanting, weeding, fertilization and seasonal calendars, as well as seed purification and post-harvest techniques.
- Achieved a total production yield of 617 250 kg through the distribution of bean seeds.
- Harvested 178.3 tonnes of certified rice seeds.
- Built the capacity of farmers on the seed multiplication process.
- Increased seed stocks to allow project beneficiaries to better prepare for disasters, including cyclones and flooding.