Derniers projets saillants
- Regional cassava initiative in support of vulnerable smallholders in Central and Eastern Africa
- Drought Recovery and Smallholder Adaptation Programme in Djibouti and Somalia
- Emergency rehabilitation of the productive capacity of households affected by the 2012 severe weather conditions in the Gambia
- Appui d’urgence aux agriculteurs vulnérables en Haiti en réponse à la dépression tropicale Sandy
Emergency livelihood assistance to support flood-affected vulnerable farmers in Pakistan
Emergency livelihood assistance to support flood-affected vulnerable farmers in Sindh province of Pakistan
Khairpur, Kashmore, Shikarpur, Dadu, Jacobabad, Larkana and Thatta of Sindh Province.
To provide immediate assistance for restoration of agriculture based livelihoods of 30 290 vulnerable farming households in the flood-affected districts of Sindh.
Ministry of Food Security and Research, Ministry of Livestock and Dairy Development, On-Farm Water Management Department, Ministry of Environment and its specialized departments at the federal, provincial and district levels.
30 290 vulnerable farming households.
- Distributed .58 tonnes of sunflower Hysun 33 hybrid seed, together with 3 029 tonnes of urea and DAP fertilizers to 30 290 households in Sindh.
- Rehabilitated 24 farmer-managed watercourses in Jacobabad under the irrigation component.
- Provided orientation training to the targeted households in sunflower production technology, and assistance in establishing market linkages for their production.
- As a result of inputs distributed under the project, beneficiary households were able to produce 450 kg of sunflower, generating revenues of over PKR 22 400 per household.
- The project’s irrigation component enabled the de-silting of critical on-farm irrigation infrastructures, resulted in increased crop production and increased food security for poor farmers.
- Available food stocks increased in project targeted households, ensuring at least 73 days of food self-sufficiency.