Derniers projets saillants
- Mise en place d'un stock stratégique d'intrants agricoles et de parc à bois et de lianes de patate douce en République Démocratique du Congo21/04/2015
- Scaling up of root and tuber crops diversification in 15 woredas of Amhara, Oromia, SNNPR and Tigray Regions of Ethiopia16/04/2015
- Strengthening the resilience and improving the food and nutrition security of displaced populations and host communities by restoring their agricultural production in Mali15/04/2015
- Appui à la production alimentaire d’urgence en faveur de 7 000 ménages malnutris et en insécurité alimentaire en territoire de Niangara, district de Haut Uélé (Province Orientale) 15/04/2015
Strengthening livelihoods and technical support for emergency and rehabilitation in Ethiopia
Strengthening the livelihoods of pastoralists and agropastoralists and technical support for the coordination of emergency and rehabilitation activities in Ethiopia’s agricultural sector
Afar, Amhara, Gambella, Oromiya, Somali, SNNPR and Tigray regional states
To create an environment, which reduces the dependency of vulnerable pastoralists, agropastoralists and farmers in Ethiopia on humanitarian assistance.
Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development at the federal and regional levels, particularly the Disaster Risk Management and Food Security Sector, UN agencies, such as WFP and UNICEF, and the NGOs CARE and Save the Children.
Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, the Early Warning and Response Process Office and indirect beneficiaries, including vulnerable pastoral and agropastoral households.
- Introduced and implemented the Livestock Emergency Guidelines and Standards as well as the Emergency Seed Aid Guidelines.
- Developed a web-based disaster risk management-agriculture task force database to support the national multi-agency seasonal assessment mission.
- Supported an internet-based tool that aimed to facilitate the collection and access to required information to improve the coordination capacity of the Early Warning and Response Directorate and other key stakeholders.
- Established a Regional Agriculture Task Force in Gambella.
- Introduced the Integrated Food Security and Humanitarian Phase Classification (IPC) at the national level and piloted the IPC in SNNPR.
- Distributed veterinary equipment and medicine and trained a total of 30 community-based animal health workers.
- Conducted training sessions on wild fire management to build the capacity of 50 experts from the federal and regional levels.
- Strengthened institutional and technical capacities for the coordination of agriculture and livestock emergency and rehabilitation activities in Ethiopia.
- Improved the privatized community-based animal health service delivery system.