Derniers projets saillants
- Rétablissement d'urgence de la capacité d'auto prise en charge des populations d'éleveurs déplacées du Mali25/06/2015
- Emergency assistance to address the 2011/2012 severe crop failure 11/06/2015
- Soutien aux moyens d’existence des ménages affectés par la crise alimentaire et nutritionnelle de 2012 en Gambie, à travers le renforcement des capacités de production maraîchère et le soutien à l'élevage 10/06/2015
- Locust crisis in the Sahel05/06/2015
Livelihoods support to famine-affected households in Somalia
Livelihoods support to famine-affected households
To restore the agricultural and livestock production capacity of drought-affected communities in Somalia.
Local and international NGOs, local professional associations (SOWELPA and CERELPA) and the Ministries of Livestock for Puntland and Somaliland.
Agricultural input distribution: 12 500 farming households (75 000 people); livestock treatment: 93 201 pastoral households; livestock vaccination: 500 000 pastoralists; and water tanks: 10 000 households.
- Agricultural input distribution: 150 tonnes of maize seed and 50 tonnes of urea provided to 7 500 households.
- 75 tonnes of sorghum and 50 tonnes of DAP fertilizer provided to 5 000 households.
- An additional 325 tonnes of urea and 75 tonnes of DAP were procured and are awaiting approval from local authorities for distribution.
- All households receiving agricultural inputs and 1 250 lead farmers trained in good agricultural practices and the use of the inputs provided.
- Livestock treatment: 20 million doses of vaccine against peste des petits ruminants (PPR) and 5.5 million doses of vaccine against contagious caprine pleuropneumonia (CCPP) procured for vaccination campaign.
- Over 3 million treatments for common diseases and parasites used to treat an estimated 1 909 465 animals (in collaboration with funding from other donors).
- 96 collapsible water tanks procured to benefit 10 000 households.
- As the project ended before the farmers harvested their crops, the expected outputs of the input distribution are: (i) total production of 15 750 tonnes of maize, with an estimated value of USD 8 977 500; and (ii) total production of 4 000 tonnes of sorghum, with an estimated value of USD 2 044 000.
- A post-distribution assessment is being organized to coincide with the harvest.
- Livestock assets protected against major drought-related diseases through the treatments provided and vaccination campaign (which will begin before the end of March).