Derniers projets saillants
- Mise en place d'un stock stratégique d'intrants agricoles et de parc à bois et de lianes de patate douce en République Démocratique du Congo21/04/2015
- Scaling up of root and tuber crops diversification in 15 woredas of Amhara, Oromia, SNNPR and Tigray Regions of Ethiopia16/04/2015
- Strengthening the resilience and improving the food and nutrition security of displaced populations and host communities by restoring their agricultural production in Mali15/04/2015
- Appui à la production alimentaire d’urgence en faveur de 7 000 ménages malnutris et en insécurité alimentaire en territoire de Niangara, district de Haut Uélé (Province Orientale) 15/04/2015
Assistance aux ménages vulnérables dans la lutte contre la malnutrition dans le Tchad
Assistance aux ménages vulnérables dans la lutte contre la malnutrition dans le Sahel centre ouest du Tchad (région du Bahr El Gazal)
Bahr El Gazal (sub-prefectures of Moussoro and Amsilep)
To improve the food and nutrition security of vulnerable populations affected by the 2010 food crisis, and reduce their vulnerability to crises in the western Sahelian region of Chad.
National and local Government institutions including Governors, Imams, Prefects, Mayor of Moussoro, local community and local non-governmental organizations.
Some 721 vulnerable households (4 326 individuals).
- Distributed 88 kg of vegetable seeds, as well as agricultural tools including 500 hoes and 250 watering cans.
- Distributed 35 sprayers and 35 kg of insecticides.
- Drilled 50 boreholes with pumps and provided irrigation equipment.
- Organized community negotiations for land loans between landowners and landless beneficiary households.
- Organized beneficiaries into 50 associations/groups.
- Facilitated negotiations with local administrative authorities to obtain national identity cards.
- Organized training sessions on vegetable production techniques, drilling activities as well as operation and maintenance of pumps.
- Provided funds for the maintenance of pumps, these were deposited into savings accounts to be used by the associations.
- Produced an estimated 1 203 tonnes of fruit and vegetables, totalling a market value of approximately USD 76 000 or an average income of USD 105 per household.
- Improved and diversified household diets, reducing the risk of child malnutrition.
- Increased access to vegetable production inputs through agreements on the use of fertile land in the ouadis.
- Established 50 groups, with 86 percent being women’s groups.
- Facilitated access to administrative documents.
- Enhanced the technical capacity of beneficiaries and supervisors for drilling activities.