Derniers projets saillants
- Soutien à l'autosuffisance alimentaire en appui au RRMP et renforcement des disponibilités locales de semences
- Amélioration de la sécurité alimentaire de 4 600 ménages affectés par la malnutrition et l'insécurité alimentaire
- Strengthening Institutions for Risk Management of Transboundary Animal Diseases in the Southern African Development Community Region
- Provision of essential agricultural inputs for returning war-affected internally displaced persons in the north of Sri Lanka
Early recovery assistance to rehabilitate the livelihoods of flood-affected farmers in Pakistan
Early recovery assistance to rehabilitate the agriculture-based livelihoods of flood-affected farmers in Balochistan and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa provinces of Pakistan
To provide agricultural inputs to 6 290 households for the restoration of agricultural production systems in the flood-affected districts of Balochistan and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
The Ministry of Food and Agriculture, Provincial Disaster Management Authorities, and non-governmental organizations.
6 290 households (49 720 individuals).
- Provided 157.3 tonnes of rice seed, 2.33 tonnes of assorted vegetable seeds and 629 tonnes of urea and 283 tonnes of diammonium phosphate fertilizers to 6 290 households.
- Provided training on land preparation, nursery sowing, transplanting, fertilizer application, irrigation and control measures for plant disease, pests, insects and weeds.
- The inputs distributed under the project resulted in significantly greater yields as compared with local varieties and techniques, increasing farmers’ overall food security and income generating opportunities.
- The training provided under the project has led to improved agricultural practices by the targeted beneficiaries, contributing to an overall improvement in food security.