Derniers projets saillants
- Household recovery reinforcement and support to Emergency Response Coordination in the Niger
- Support to coordination of food security and agriculture in emergency preparedness and response in Afghanistan
- Programme de réponse rapide et de renforcement de la sécurité alimentaire pour les ménages affectés par les conflits à l’Est de la République démocratique du Congo
- Coordination of food and agricultural disaster risk reduction and management in southern Africa
Early recovery assistance to rehabilitate the livelihoods of flood-affected farmers in Pakistan
Early recovery assistance to rehabilitate the agriculture-based livelihoods of flood-affected farmers in Balochistan and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa provinces of Pakistan
To provide agricultural inputs to 6 290 households for the restoration of agricultural production systems in the flood-affected districts of Balochistan and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
The Ministry of Food and Agriculture, Provincial Disaster Management Authorities, and non-governmental organizations.
6 290 households (49 720 individuals).
- Provided 157.3 tonnes of rice seed, 2.33 tonnes of assorted vegetable seeds and 629 tonnes of urea and 283 tonnes of diammonium phosphate fertilizers to 6 290 households.
- Provided training on land preparation, nursery sowing, transplanting, fertilizer application, irrigation and control measures for plant disease, pests, insects and weeds.
- The inputs distributed under the project resulted in significantly greater yields as compared with local varieties and techniques, increasing farmers’ overall food security and income generating opportunities.
- The training provided under the project has led to improved agricultural practices by the targeted beneficiaries, contributing to an overall improvement in food security.