Derniers projets saillants
- Appui au renforcement des bases de la sécurité alimentaire à travers le renforcement de la filière semencière au niveau des communautés rurales affectées par les chocs climatiques au Burkina Faso
- Agriculture Revitalization Project – Phase II
- Emergency protection of Palestinian-owned assets and contribution to building resilient livelihoods
- Improving livelihood of affected people in CAR through the support to the production of vegetables and staple food crops and promoting better access to the markets
Early recovery assistance to rehabilitate the livelihoods of flood-affected farmers in Pakistan
Early recovery assistance to rehabilitate the agriculture-based livelihoods of flood-affected farmers in Balochistan and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa provinces of Pakistan
To provide agricultural inputs to 6 290 households for the restoration of agricultural production systems in the flood-affected districts of Balochistan and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
The Ministry of Food and Agriculture, Provincial Disaster Management Authorities, and non-governmental organizations.
6 290 households (49 720 individuals).
- Provided 157.3 tonnes of rice seed, 2.33 tonnes of assorted vegetable seeds and 629 tonnes of urea and 283 tonnes of diammonium phosphate fertilizers to 6 290 households.
- Provided training on land preparation, nursery sowing, transplanting, fertilizer application, irrigation and control measures for plant disease, pests, insects and weeds.
- The inputs distributed under the project resulted in significantly greater yields as compared with local varieties and techniques, increasing farmers’ overall food security and income generating opportunities.
- The training provided under the project has led to improved agricultural practices by the targeted beneficiaries, contributing to an overall improvement in food security.