Derniers projets saillants
- Projet pilote de protection et de restauration durable des moyens productifs des éleveurs et maraîchers du Sila, par la structuration, l’amélioration de la santé animale et l’association agriculture-élevage25/03/2016
- Rétablissement d'urgence de la capacité d'auto-prise en charge des populations déplacées du Mali25/03/2016
- Strengthening the food security coordination and building the resilience of agropastoral communities in Chad23/03/2016
- Assistance through FAO for the control of rabies in Indonesia23/03/2016
Early recovery assistance to rehabilitate the livelihoods of flood-affected farmers in Pakistan
Early recovery assistance to rehabilitate the agriculture-based livelihoods of flood-affected farmers in Balochistan and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa provinces of Pakistan
To provide agricultural inputs to 6 290 households for the restoration of agricultural production systems in the flood-affected districts of Balochistan and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
The Ministry of Food and Agriculture, Provincial Disaster Management Authorities, and non-governmental organizations.
6 290 households (49 720 individuals).
- Provided 157.3 tonnes of rice seed, 2.33 tonnes of assorted vegetable seeds and 629 tonnes of urea and 283 tonnes of diammonium phosphate fertilizers to 6 290 households.
- Provided training on land preparation, nursery sowing, transplanting, fertilizer application, irrigation and control measures for plant disease, pests, insects and weeds.
- The inputs distributed under the project resulted in significantly greater yields as compared with local varieties and techniques, increasing farmers’ overall food security and income generating opportunities.
- The training provided under the project has led to improved agricultural practices by the targeted beneficiaries, contributing to an overall improvement in food security.