Derniers projets saillants
- Soutien à la reconstitution de la capacité de production des ménages vulnérables au Burkina Faso
- Aide d’urgence à la production agricole en appui aux familles vulnérables affectées par le tremblement de terre du janvier 2010 en Haïti
- Tsunami livelihood recovery project in Somalia
- Livelihood disaster risk reduction options for the Zambezi River Basin
Emergency support to improve the food security of farming affected by high food prices and drought in Afghanistan
Emergency support to improve the food security and livelihoods of vulnerable farming affected by high food prices and the drought crisis through the provision of certified wheat seed and fertilizer in Afghanistan
To support and improve the food security of 4 800 vulnerable farming families affected by high food prices and the drought crisis through the provision of certified wheat seed and fertilizer for the autumn 2010 and spring 2011 planting seasons.
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock, Provincial Department of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock and Danish committee for Aid to Afghan Refugees.
4 800 farming families.
- Distributed, on a subsidized basis, 240 tonnes of wheat seed, 240 tonnes of diammonium phosphate and 480 tonnes of urea fertilizers to 4 800 farming households.
- Supported the construction of surrounding walls for the district agriculture warehouse and a training hall with the funds collected from the community as payments for the inputs.
- Provided training to 20 government and NGO extension workers who trained 4 468 farmers in wheat production agronomy.
- The inputs provided under the project enabled the planting of 1 920 ha of land, resulting in an estimated yield of 3.85 tonnes per ha – an increase of 6.9 percent as compared with local seed varieties and techniques. .
- The community-based micro projects contributed to the preservation of seed stocks and the facilitation of training activities in the targeted areas.