Derniers projets saillants
- Household recovery reinforcement and support to Emergency Response Coordination in the Niger
- Support to coordination of food security and agriculture in emergency preparedness and response in Afghanistan
- Programme de réponse rapide et de renforcement de la sécurité alimentaire pour les ménages affectés par les conflits à l’Est de la République démocratique du Congo
- Coordination of food and agricultural disaster risk reduction and management in southern Africa
Emergency support to the communities most affected by the floods in Peru
Emergency support to the communities most affected by the floods in the Ucayali region
To restore the productive capacity and increase the disaster resilience of subsistence farmers most affected by the floods in the Ucayali region.
Ministry of Agriculture and its decentralized offices, National Institute of Agricultural Research, National Service of Agricultural Health, National Institute of Civil Defense and other regional and local government entities.
450 vulnerable flood-affected households.
- Procured and distributed vegetable seed kits that included 25 g of tomato and chive seeds; 40 g of cucumber, cilantro and radish seeds; and 30 g of cauliflower seeds.
- Procured and distributed poultry assistance packages that included five Creole birds (four hens and one rooster).
- Facilitated workshops and training on appropriate management of vegetable seeds, management and breeding of Creole birds and capacity-building sessions on disaster risk management.
- Beneficiaries produced a total of 15 750 kg of tomato, 5 400 bundles of radish, 5 400 heads of cabbage, 6 750 cucumbers, 4 500 kg of chive onion and 9 000 cilantro bundles during the first harvest.
- Beneficiaries were able to increase poultry production.
- Improved the diet of targeted beneficiaries through the production of vegetables and poultry products (meat, eggs).
- Reduced household food cost.
- Strengthened the capacities of municipal and local authorities involved in the development of agricultural project activities, mainly on disaster risk management.